MERV 8 Air Filters
Better filtration is the first step in improving Indoor Air Quality. Pleated Panel Filters outperform ordinary furnace filters with higher efficiency and lower pressure drop allowing air-handling systems to stay cleaner and operate more efficiently. We achieve this with 100% synthetic electrostatically charged gradient density media, optimum pleat spacing and high initial and sustained efficiency, high dust holding capacity and very low pressure drop. The media is resistant to a wide range of chemicals, does not absorb moisture and will not support microbial growth.
- Catches and holds more pollen, dust, dirt, etc. than standard pads or panel type HVAC filters creating a healthier IAQ (Indoor Air Quality) environment
- Medium efficiency filtration protects expensive HVAC equipment from the effect of dirty air and significantly reduces costly building maintenance
- Extends life of more expensive secondary filters (RIGID, CELLS, HEPAS, BAGS, etc.)
- Can last up to four times the life of standard pads or panel type filters thereby drastically reduces material and maintenance and labor costs
- MERV 8 filter media
- Air filters are pleated media type
- The filter media consists of 100% synthetic electrostatically charged thermally bonded fibers with no chemical binders
- The media is continuously bonded to a 30 guage galvanized, corrosion resistant, expanded metal support grid with an effective open area of 96%
- The media is pleated to maximize surface area and dust holding and minimize airflow resistance
- The enclosure frames are constructed of high wet strength, moisture resistant beverage board
- Diagonal support members of the frame are bonded to the air entering and exit apexes of each pleat to prevent pleat collapse and filter bowling
- The inside periphery of the enclosing frame is completely bonded to the outer edges of the filter media to prevent bypass
- The air filters are listed and rated by Underwriters Laboratory as UL class 2 and have a maximum teperature rating of 180 degrees Farenheit
MERV 8 discount filters are between 70 - 84.9 percent efficient for removing common household dust. They will also trap over half of smaller airborne particles down to 1.0 microns in diameter. They are recommended for residential and commercial filtration. MERV 8 filters have double the capacity of many other furnace filters in residential use. Many households typically have filters rated MERV 1 through 4, offering 20% functional efficiency, less than two-thirds that of MERV 8 filters.
These one inch filters should be changed at least every three months. Local conditions may vary and regular inspections of furnace filters may indicate that a more frequent rotation is necessary. Clean discount filters are the key component in a furnace's efficient operation. Fresh filters allow air to pass from the unit without impediment while removing possible allergens and particulates, including mold, dust, and pollen. Clogged filters block air, causing a back flow into the furnace, which makes it work harder. This can lead to increased frequency of repairs and even shorten the life of the unit.
These discount filters are offered at a savings of $20 or more over the suggested list price. Their pleated filtration media (to increase the working surface area) is seamlessly bonded to corrosive-resistant, galvanized, 30-gauge metal in a frame that allows for 94 percent open area within the nominal dimensions for maximum filtration. Filtration media supports are designed to protect the structural integrity of these discount filters.
These unbranded discount filters constructed from Kimberly Clark Filtration Media come in a wide variety of sizes for use in many models of furnaces. There is no minimum order size requirement. Please note that furnace filters are sold by their nominal size. The actual size of a filter should be rounded up to the nearest inch to provide the nominal size for its replacement. This is the industry standard and is not limited to discount filters.
Free shipping is offered on all discount filters. If necessary, filters should be returned in the original packaging, within one year of the date of purchase if needed.