The original OEM for the ULTRAWF water filter model is the PureSource Ultra Filter by Frigidaire. The PureSource Ultra filter purifies your water supply by using advanced filtration technologies, which creates clearer ice and cleaner, better tasting water. So what exactly does this filter protect your home from? Public health and environmental organization NSF/ANSI International deemed the Frigidaire filter fit to handle some of the most potentially harmful contaminants found in water. Such contaminants your water is safe from with this OEM filter include lead, atrazine, lindane, cysts, chlorine, and giardia. Due to its filtering performance, the NSF/ANSI certified the Frigidaire filter for meeting both international Standard 42 and Standard 53. It should be noted that water filters should be changed at least once every six months for optimum filtration performance.
Replacement Refrigerator Filters for ULTRAWF
Water coming into your home may contain impurities such as turbidity, lead, cysts, and the taste and smell of chlorine, which affects the health and taste of your water and ice. A high-quality fridge filter, such as the Frigidaire ULTRAWF water filter, removes these contaminants, giving you healthier, better-tasting water and ice.
The ULTRAWF water filter is compatible with a variety of refrigerators from manufacturers such as Frigidaire and Kenmore. The OEM Frigidaire which has been certified to meet NSF/ANSI standards 42 and 53 for the removal of cysts, turbidity, sand, rust, and the taste and odor of chlorine. This filter should be replaced at least every six months for optimal performance.
How To Install The ULTRAWF Filter:
- Turn Off the ice maker by raising the wire signal arm.
- Remove the filter by pushing on the end/face of the filter.
- Slide the old water filter cartridge straight out of the housing and discard it.
- Using the alignment guide, slide the new filter gently into the filter housing. Do not push the filter with excessive force – as it will pop out. Push the filter in slowly until you hear the first "click." Once you hear the "click" stop pushing and the filter should lock in place.
- Turn On the ice maker by lowering the wire signal arm.
- Press and hold the Water Filter button on the Ice & Water Dispenser control panel for three seconds. When the display changes from Red to Green, the status has been reset.
- After replacing the water filter and in order for the ice maker to work properly, it is necessary to clear air from water filter tubing. Once ice maker begins making ice, allow the bucket to fill completely, then discard the first TWO FULL buckets of ice. It will take at least two days to completely fill the bucket on regular ice making mode or 1 1/2 days on fast ice mode.
The filters below are 100% compatible with part number ULTRAWF
Marvel at the specifications of our ULTRAWF compatible filters.
The DiscountFilters.com Difference
- Free Shipping (Same Day)
- Free Returns For 1 Year
- 100% Compatibility Guarantee
- Made With Care in Indiana USA
NSF/ANSI Standard 42
Filters tested against NSF/ANSI Standard 42 (aesthetic effects) are certified to reduce specific aesthetic or non-health-related contaminants (chlorine, taste and odor, and particulates) that may be present in public or private drinking water. See filter performance data sheet or manufacturer's packaging for details.
NSF/ANSI Standard 53
Filters tested against NSF/ANSI Standard 53 (health effects) are certified to reduce specific health-related contaminants, such as Cryptosporidium, Giardia, lead, volatile organic chemicals (VOCs), MTBE (methyl tertiary-butyl ether), etc., that may be present in public or private drinking water. See filter performance data sheet or manufacturer's packaging for details.
Filters Without NSF/ANSI Ratings
Some filters that are not NSF/ANSI rated are still constructed from NSF/ANSI rated components.