You can count on us to provide the perfect refrigerator water filter for your Frigidaire® refrigerator. Our filters reduce impurities in tap water and provide fresh-tasting drinking water and ice cubes. Choose from the popular PureSource® and PurePour™ series filters as well as selections in the the new Smart Choice™ brand. Be sure to use our easy fridge "filter finder" to make sure you're buying the correct filter for your Frigidaire® fridge. Your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed!
Can’t find your filter? No Worries, we have experts.Choose your preference of communication below and speak with an expert.
Want to save your spot in the finder?
What Our Customers Have to Say
Frequently Asked Questions
How often should I replace my Frigidaire refrigerator water filter?
Generally, it is advisable to change the refrigerator water filter in your Frigidaire fridge every 6 months. Manufacturers will often publish a statement like "change filter every 500 gallons or 6 months, whichever comes first". We find that changing the filter at 6 months ensures that the filter is still doing its job at the time of change-out keeping your water tasting great.
What does "certification" mean on a refrigerator water filter for a Frigidaire refrigerator?
A filter certified to a particular quality standard will have undergone extensive testing to ensure the product's safety and quality. Common certification standards for refrigerator water filters are NSF/ANSI 42, which relates to reduction claims for chlorine taste and odor (aesthetic effects) and NSF/ANSI 43, which relates to reduction claims for over 50 contaminants, including lead, cysts, VOC and many others (health effects).
How do I find the correct water filter for my Frigidaire refrigerator?
Use our filter finder utility to find your filter based on the brand and appearance of your fridge. To find your filter quickly - type model number of your refrigerator into the search box on our site. The model number is usually listed on the door or inside wall of the refrigerator. If you have the existing filter - simply type the part number into the search box on our site.
Will a refrigerator water filter for my Frigidaire refrigerator disinfect the water?
No, a refrigerator water filter's main purpose is to improve the taste and smell of your water and ice, it will not disinfect the water or render clean water from water that is microbiologically unsafe. Manufacturers assume that the water entering the refrigerator is potable and safe to drink.
Refrigerator Water Filters
Frigidaire Refrigerator Filters
Frigidaire has offered refrigerator water filters in the "PureSource" brand and now offers the "PurePour" brand. Here are the filters that may work for you - depending on the model of your fridge:
- If you have a very old refrigerator - you may require the WFCB or WF1CB filter (AKA - PureSource Plus) - which is a small cylindrical filter that nests inside a plastic housing on the "ceiling" of the refrigerator compartment
- Slightly less-obscure is the unique WF2CB (AKA - PureSource 2) filter - a double-barreled filter that installs in the upper right hand corner of the refrigerator compartment. Like some other Frigidaire parts - this water filter pushes and clicks into position
- The ULTRAWF (AKA - PureSource Ultra) was the most popular filter part for years and is installed in the upper right-hand corner of the fridge compartment. It installs by clicking into place with a push, rather than a twist. It is used primarily in French door refrigerators
- The WF3CB (AKA - PureSource 3) is a shorter version of the ULTRAWF and it used in side-by-side refrigerators
- The EPTWFU01 (AKA - PureSource Ultra II) is used in French door and side-by-side refrigerators - installing in the middle/left hand side of the fridge as well as the upper right hand corner. It is the only newer filter that installs with a twist
- The FPPWFU01 (AKA - PurePour, PWF-1) is now the most popular water filter found in new refrigerators - both French door and side-by-side. Like other Frigidaire filters - this one installs with a push and clicks in place
- The FPPWFU02 (AKA - PurePour Connect, PWF-2) is identical to the FPPWFU01 - but includes an integral RFID chip that communicates with a receiver in the refrigerator
We have the largest selection of refrigerator water filters in all the top brands (including compatible versions at a value price). Replacing your refrigerator water filter regularly is an important and easy step in your home's maintenance routine. We recommend installing a new refrigerator water filter at least once every 6 months. Replacing your old refrigerator water filter will reduce unwanted taste and odors from tap water.
Tested & Certified
We carry big name brands like EveryDrop®, GE®, Frigidaire®, Samsung®, LG® and more. These filters are tested and certified to meet or exceed NSF/ANSI standards for the reduction of common contaminants from your drinking water. DiscountFilters also offers compatible brands - designed to offer a great combination of performance and value.
Cleaner, Better Tasting Water
Using advanced activated carbon technology, our filters will improve the quality of the water used for drinking and ice-making. Over time - water filters will become less effective at capturing contaminants, and this is when we recommend replacing your filter. We recommend a new filter every six months for optimal water drinkability and flow.
Fridge Filter Finder
If you don't know what kind of fridge filter you need, use our convenient fridge "filter finder" above. Simply select your fridge brand, fridge style, fridge filter location and removal type, and we'll show you the filter that will fit your fridge. It's as simple as that.
All product names, logos, brands, trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners. All company, product and service names used on this page are for identification purposes only. DiscountFilters.com and National Trade Supply, LLC are not affiliated with or endorsed by these brands.