Such high grades by NSF/ANSI International make this WF3CB Puresource3 original OEM filter by Frigidaire an attractive product to homeowners who have their family's health in mind. After passing through multiple assessments by NSF, the WF3CB Puresource3 water filter received certifications for meeting both Standard 42 and Standard 53. The NSF/ANSI test results concluded that the Frigidaire filter ensures water protection from potentially harmful impurities found in your water supply, such as chlorine, funky odors, turbidity, lead, and cysts. A water filter such as this should be changed at least once every six months to ensure optimum water filtration performance for you and your family. Hope your thirsty, because the original OEM product by Frigidaire can filter up to 200 gallons during its lifetime. In addition, this water filter dispenses at a rate of a half gallon per minute.
Replacement Refrigerator Filters for WF3CB
How To Install The WF3CB Filter:
- Turn Off the ice maker by raising the wire signal arm.
- Remove the filter by pushing on the end/face of the filter.
- Slide the old water filter cartridge straight out of the housing and discard it.
- Using the alignment guide, slide the new filter gently into the filter housing. Do not push the filter with excessive force – as it will pop out. Push the filter in slowly until you hear the first “click.” Once you hear the “click” stop pushing and the filter should lock in place.
- Press a drinking glass against the water dispenser while checking for any leaks at the filter housing. Any spurts and sputters that occur as the system purges air out of the dispenser system are normal.
- Turn On the ice maker by lowering the wire signal arm.
- Press and hold the Water Filter button on the Ice & Water Dispenser control panel for three seconds. When the display changes from Red to Green, the status has been reset.
- After replacing the water filter and in order for the ice maker to work properly, it is necessary to clear air from water filter tubing.Â Once ice maker begins making ice, allow the bucket to fill completely, then discard the first TWO FULL buckets of ice. It will take at least two days to completely fill the bucket on regular ice making mode or 1 1/2 days on fast ice mode.
The filters below are 100% compatible with part number WF3CB
Marvel at the specifications of our WF3CB compatible filters.
The DiscountFilters.com Difference
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $50 (Same Day)
- Free Returns For 1 Year
- 100% Compatibility Guarantee
- Made With Care in Indiana USA
NSF/ANSI Standard 42
Filters tested against NSF/ANSI Standard 42 (aesthetic effects) are certified to reduce specific aesthetic or non-health-related contaminants (chlorine, taste and odor, and particulates) that may be present in public or private drinking water. See filter performance data sheet or manufacturer's packaging for details.
NSF/ANSI Standard 53
Filters tested against NSF/ANSI Standard 53 (health effects) are certified to reduce specific health-related contaminants, such as Cryptosporidium, Giardia, lead, volatile organic chemicals (VOCs), MTBE (methyl tertiary-butyl ether), etc., that may be present in public or private drinking water. See filter performance data sheet or manufacturer's packaging for details.
Filters Without NSF/ANSI Ratings
Some filters that are not NSF/ANSI rated are still constructed from NSF/ANSI rated components.