MSWF Refrigerator Water Filters
Learn More About The MSWF Filter
How To Install The MSWF Filter:
- Remove old filter cartridge by grasping and slowly rotating to the left (counterclockwise)
- Position new cartridge inside the cartridge holder and slowly rotate the cartridge to the right (clockwise) until it stops. The cartridge will rotate about 1/2 turn. Do not overtighten
- Flush 4.5 gallons through the filter before use. This will clear the system and prevent sputtering
- Press and hold reset water filter button if your fridge has one
- Replace the filter every 6 months
NSF/ANSI Standard 42
Filters tested against NSF/ANSI Standard 42 (aesthetic effects) are certified to reduce specific aesthetic or non-health-related contaminants (chlorine, taste and odor, and particulates) that may be present in public or private drinking water. See filter performance data sheet or manufacturer's packaging for details.
NSF/ANSI Standard 53
Filters tested against NSF/ANSI Standard 53 (health effects) are certified to reduce specific health-related contaminants, such as Cryptosporidium, Giardia, lead, volatile organic chemicals (VOCs), MTBE (methyl tertiary-butyl ether), etc., that may be present in public or private drinking water. See filter performance data sheet or manufacturer's packaging for details.
Filters Without NSF Ratings
Some filters that are not NSF rated are still constructed from NSF rated components.