All of the WSW-1 filters reduce contaminants - like dirt, rust, and lead -that are in your water supply. The Whirlpool replacement filter is the OEM product and has been certified by the NSF. The Whirlpool filters meets both NSF/ANSI standard 42 and 53, which means it is certified to reduce chlorine and remove lead, mercury, and other impurities from your water. The EcoAqua replacement filter has many of the same features as the OEM, but at a much lower price. The aftermarket ClearChoice replacement is the most cost-effective filter and has comparable filtration results to the OEM. The primary difference between the OEM and aftermarket filters is the price and NSF/ANSI ratings, though many non-NSF/ANSI rated filters are constructed from NSF/ANSI rated parts.Even though the aftermarket filters are not NSF/ANSI certified, we recommend them due to their affordable price and excellent filtration.
Replacement Refrigerator Filters for WSW-1
The 4396508 removes contaminants found in your water supply. It is known as great filtration option. The 4396508 creates better tasting water and ice. You will no longer be drinking the particles that are lurking tap water. Our site sells three options of the 4396508. There are aftermarket or factory original models available. We recommend the ClearChoice versions of this filter due to a great mix of low cost and high quality. The Whirlpool factory replacement typically costs more but may have more extensive NSF/ANSI certifications. The 4396508, including the OEM and aftermarket offers guaranteed compatibility with your current filter. Be sure to change twice a year or more frequently with heavy use.
How To Install The 4396508 Filter:
- Turn off icemaker
- Remove old filter by rotating cap about 1/4 turn counter-clockwise
- Pull the old filter cartridge out
- Remove the cartridge grille cap by sliding it off the end of the old cartridge
- Slide the cartridge grille cap onto the new cartridge
- With the new cartridge cap in the vertical position, insert the new filter cartridge into the base grille
- Rotate the cap clockwise to a horizontal position
- Flush three gallons of water through the filter cartridge before use
- Turn on the icemaker
The filters below are 100% compatible with part number 4396508
Marvel at the specifications of our 4396508 compatible filters.
The DiscountFilters.com Difference
- Free Shipping on Qualifying Orders (Same Day)
- Free Returns For 1 Year
- 100% Compatibility Guarantee
- Made With Care in Indiana USA