The OEM Whirlpool and the aftermarket filters all reduce contaminants found in your water, including dirt, chlorine, lead, and other chemicals. The OEM Whirlpool filter has been tested against NSF/ANSI Standard ratings of 42 and 53, meaning it has been certified to reduce contaminants and chlorine in water. The AquaFresh replacement is an aftermarket replacement filter that has comparable filtering capacity to the OEM, but at a much lower price. The EcoAqua replacement is the lowest priced 4396701 filter we offer and has many of the same features as the OEM. We recommend one of the aftermarket filters due to their affordable price and their filtering abilities. The primary difference between the OEM and the aftermarket filters is the price and NSF/ANSI Standard certifications, though some non-NSF/ANSI rated filters are still constructed from NSF/ANSI rated parts.
Replacement Refrigerator Filters for WF293
How To Install The 4396701 Filter:
- Remove old filter cartridge by grasping and turning counter-clockwise until the filter is released from the filter head
- Slide the filter cartridge cap onto the end of the new filter cartridge (after removing from old cartridge)
- Insert filter into the compartment in the base grille, pushing until it stops
- Rotate the cap clockwise 1/4 turn until it stops and it is in a horizontal position
- Dispense water through the water dispenser for 2 minutes or until the water become clear. This will activate the system while clearing any trapped air in the water line
- Replace filter every 6 months
The filters below are 100% compatible with part number 4396701
Marvel at the specifications of our 4396701 compatible filters.
The DiscountFilters.com Difference
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $50 (Same Day)
- Free Returns For 1 Year
- 100% Compatibility Guarantee
- Made With Care in Indiana USA
NSF/ANSI Standard 42
Filters tested against NSF/ANSI Standard 42 (aesthetic effects) are certified to reduce specific aesthetic or non-health-related contaminants (chlorine, taste and odor, and particulates) that may be present in public or private drinking water. See filter performance data sheet or manufacturer's packaging for details.
NSF/ANSI Standard 53
Filters tested against NSF/ANSI Standard 53 (health effects) are certified to reduce specific health-related contaminants, such as Cryptosporidium, Giardia, lead, volatile organic chemicals (VOCs), MTBE (methyl tertiary-butyl ether), etc., that may be present in public or private drinking water. See filter performance data sheet or manufacturer's packaging for details.
Filters Without NSF/ANSI Ratings
Some filters that are not NSF/ANSI rated are still constructed from NSF/ANSI rated components.