The Maytag UKF7003 model filter comes in a multitude of brands to choose from, each brand showcasing its own strengths to appeal to your filter usage. The original OEM filter is manufactured by Maytag. It is the only brand filter to meet NSF/ANSI International Standards 42 and 53. Such high marks by NSF/ANSI International indicate a superior water quality product the other three aftermarket brands cannot match, as none were awarded such certifications. The other aftermarket brand include the ClearChoice CLCH115 filter. The ClearChoice brand UKF7003 however is the most wallet friendly if you are focused on watching your budget. Both of the brands for the UKF7003 model have equally fast flow rates that dispense water at half a gallon per minute. All four of the brands have similar gallon holding capacities, however Maytag slightly edges out its competition with a class-leading 416 gallons. We do recommend the ClearChoice model due to it's effectiveness at filtering out contaminants and it's affordability.
Replacement Refrigerator Filters for UKF7003
- Remove old filter cartridge by grasping and gently turning counter-clockwise until it releases from the filter head - discard
- Line up the cartridge ears so it can be inserted into the filter head. Rotate the cartridge into the head. Twist the cartridge 1/4 turn clockwise until it locks into place
- Run water continuously through dispenser for 3 gallons until water runs steady and sputtering stops
- Reset water filter change notification by following instructions in owners manual
The filters below are 100% compatible with part number UKF7003
Marvel at the specifications of our UKF7003 compatible filter.
The DiscountFilters.com Difference
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $50 (Same Day)
- Free Returns For 1 Year
- 100% Compatibility Guarantee
- Made With Care in Indiana USA
NSF/ANSI Standard 42
Filters tested against NSF/ANSI Standard 42 (aesthetic effects) are certified to reduce specific aesthetic or non-health-related contaminants (chlorine, taste and odor, and particulates) that may be present in public or private drinking water. See filter performance data sheet or manufacturer's packaging for details.
NSF/ANSI Standard 53
Filters tested against NSF/ANSI Standard 53 (health effects) are certified to reduce specific health-related contaminants, such as Cryptosporidium, Giardia, lead, volatile organic chemicals (VOCs), MTBE (methyl tertiary-butyl ether), etc., that may be present in public or private drinking water. See filter performance data sheet or manufacturer's packaging for details.
Filters Without NSF/ANSI Ratings
Some filters that are not NSF/ANSI rated are still constructed from NSF/ANSI rated components.