Both factory original and aftermarket filter options are available for the 8171413 refrigerator water filter. All filters offered are guaranteed to fit any filtration system that uses an 8171413 or other compatible filter model. The factory original Whirlpool 8171413 is made with OEM parts and is the only filter offered with an NSF/ANSI rating of 42. The EcoAqua EFF-6009A and Supco WF286 are aftermarket replacements that offer a 400 gallon capacity and pressure range of 30-120 PSI. The Swift Green SGF-W41 is also an aftermarket filter, but it only offers a 300 gallon capacity and 20-100 PSI pressure range. All of the filters offered are 6 month filters and have a .5 GPM flow rate. The primary difference between the factory original and generic filter options is the pricing and NSF/ANSI rating. Each option will filter your water of pollutants leaving your home with clean, healthy water.
Replacement Refrigerator Filters for SGF-W41
How To Install The 8171413 Filter:
- Turn old filter counterclockwise until cartridge stops. Discard old filter
- Push new cartridge into filter head
- Turn cartridge clockwise until cartridge stops
- Discard first 4 batches of ice after replacing cartridge and flush through water dispenser for at least three minutes
- The water filter cartridge should be replaced after 200 gallons of water or six months of use, whichever comes first
- Reset your change filter indicator if your fridge has one
The filters below are 100% compatible with part number 8171413
Marvel at the specifications of our 8171413 compatible filter.
The DiscountFilters.com Difference
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $50 (Same Day)
- Free Returns For 1 Year
- 100% Compatibility Guarantee
- Made With Care in Indiana USA
NSF/ANSI Standard 42
Filters tested against NSF/ANSI Standard 42 (aesthetic effects) are certified to reduce specific aesthetic or non-health-related contaminants (chlorine, taste and odor, and particulates) that may be present in public or private drinking water. See filter performance data sheet or manufacturer's packaging for details.
NSF/ANSI Standard 53
Filters tested against NSF/ANSI Standard 53 (health effects) are certified to reduce specific health-related contaminants, such as Cryptosporidium, Giardia, lead, volatile organic chemicals (VOCs), MTBE (methyl tertiary-butyl ether), etc., that may be present in public or private drinking water. See filter performance data sheet or manufacturer's packaging for details.
Filters Without NSF/ANSI Ratings
Some filters that are not NSF/ANSI rated are still constructed from NSF/ANSI rated components.