Replacement Refrigerator Filters for RPWFE
The RPWFE water filter is compatible with select GE french-door refrigerators. This filter is certified to reduce chlorine-resistant cysts, lead, select pharmaceuticals and 50 other impurities. The RPWFE includes a RFID microchip which is detected by the refrigerator upon installation and is used to detect leaks and monitor filter status.
DO NOT TWIST CARTRIDGE! Twisting may damage refrigerator or filter.
Removing the old filter cartridge
1. Remove the old cartridge by opening the filter door and pulling on the bottom of the cartridge to allow it to swing outward.
2. When the cartridge can no longer swing, gently pull to unseat from the cartridge holder. A small amount of water may drip out.
DO NOT TWIST CARTRIDGE!
Installing the new filter cartridge
1. Center the cartridge with cartridge holder with the word FRONT facing outward. Push the cartridge inward until it is fully seated. FRONT should be centered with the cartridge holder for proper installation. The RED indicators should not be visible.
2. While continuing to ensure cartridge is fully seated in the holder, gently swing the filter inward until it is in
position. If filter will not swing easily, check to ensure filter is properly aligned and fully seated within the
- For dispenser models – Run 2 gallons of water through the cold water dispenser (about 5 minutes) to remove air from the system. A newly installed filter cartridge will cause water to spurt from the dispenser.
- For icemaker-only models – Discard the first bin of ice to allow air to purge from the system. A newly installed filter cartridge will cause water to spurt into the icemaker body, which could lead to ice droplets
around the icemaker area.
- Reset Filter status message (non-touch screen models).
The filters below are 100% compatible with part number RPWFE
Marvel at the specifications of our RPWFE compatible filter.
The DiscountFilters.com Difference
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $50 (Same Day)
- Free Returns For 1 Year
- 100% Compatibility Guarantee
- Made With Care in Indiana USA
NSF/ANSI Standard 42
Filters tested against NSF/ANSI Standard 42 (aesthetic effects) are certified to reduce specific aesthetic or non-health-related contaminants (chlorine, taste and odor, and particulates) that may be present in public or private drinking water. See filter performance data sheet or manufacturer's packaging for details.
NSF/ANSI Standard 53
Filters tested against NSF/ANSI Standard 53 (health effects) are certified to reduce specific health-related contaminants, such as Cryptosporidium, Giardia, lead, volatile organic chemicals (VOCs), MTBE (methyl tertiary-butyl ether), etc., that may be present in public or private drinking water. See filter performance data sheet or manufacturer's packaging for details.
Filters Without NSF/ANSI Ratings
Some filters that are not NSF/ANSI rated are still constructed from NSF/ANSI rated components.