The OEM Whirlpool and the aftermarket filters all reduce contaminants found in your water, including dirt, chlorine, lead, and other chemicals. The OEM Whirlpool filter has been tested against NSF/ANSI Standard ratings of 42 and 53, meaning it has been certified to reduce contaminants and chlorine in water. The AquaFresh replacement is an aftermarket replacement filter that has comparable filtering capacity to the OEM, but at a much lower price. The EcoAqua replacement is the lowest priced 4396701 filter we offer and has many of the same features as the OEM. We recommend one of the aftermarket filters due to their affordable price and their filtering abilities. The primary difference between the OEM and the aftermarket filters is the price and NSF/ANSI Standard certifications, though some non-NSF/ANSI rated filters are still constructed from NSF/ANSI rated parts.
Replacement Refrigerator Filters for 46-9915
The 4396701 removes harmful contaminants from your water supply. Don't be stuck drinking dirty water. The 4396701 refrigerator water filter uses carbon filters to reduce particles. Some of these contaminants include lead, chlorine, mercury and minerals. This filter, 4396701 is commonly used in refrigerators made by Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Jenn-Air. There are many alternate part numbers that this item is compatible with. Discountfilters.com offers the 4396701 model filter with a few replacement options. You can choose between the EcoAqua EFF-6001Athe and Whirlpool original. The OEM 4396701 is the made with genuine parts. The EcoAqua product is an aftermarket alternative. The 4396701, including both the OEM and Aftermarket, do a very similar job. We recommend the EcoAqua EFF-6001A as the best option. The 4396701 works at giving your home the fresh water it wants.
How To Install The 4396701 Filter:
- Remove old filter cartridge by grasping and turning counter-clockwise until the filter is released from the filter head
- Slide the filter cartridge cap onto the end of the new filter cartridge (after removing from old cartridge)
- Insert filter into the compartment in the base grille, pushing until it stops
- Rotate the cap clockwise 1/4 turn until it stops and it is in a horizontal position
- Dispense water through the water dispenser for 2 minutes or until the water become clear. This will activate the system while clearing any trapped air in the water line
- Replace filter every 6 months
The filters below are 100% compatible with part number 4396701
Marvel at the specifications of our 4396701 compatible filters.
The DiscountFilters.com Difference
- Free Shipping on Qualifying Orders (Same Day)
- Free Returns For 1 Year
- 100% Compatibility Guarantee
- Made With Care in Indiana USA