The factory original Whirlpool Ultimate 4396510 refrigerator filter will remove pollutants that can be found in your water supply. This includes unappetizing lead, mercury, and dirt that could be in your drinking water. This filter has certain specifications which make it an excellent choice for you. The Whirlpool 4396510 has a 400 gallon filtering capacity flows at a rate of .5 gallons per minute. It also has an operating temperature of 33-100 F and pressure range of 30-120. What really sets this filter apart is the NSF/ANSI ratings of 42 and 53. This rating means that the filter was tested against NSF/ANSI international standards for reducing certain contaminants such as chlorine taste and odor. The Whirlpool 4396510 water filter is easily installed in compatible refrigerators and should be changed once every six month period to assure that your home is receiving the best water and ice quality.
Replacement Refrigerator Filters for 4396510
How To Install The 4396510 Filter:
- Turn off icemaker
- Remove old filter by rotating cap about 1/4 turn clockwise
- Pull the old filter cartridge out
- Remove the cartridge grille cap by sliding it off the end of the old cartridge
- Slide the cartridge grille cap onto the new cartridge
- With the new cartridge cap in the vertical position, insert the new filter cartridge into the base grille
- Rotate the cap clockwise to a horizontal position
- Flush three gallons of water through the filter cartridge before use
- Turn on the icemaker
The filters below are 100% compatible with part number 4396510
Marvel at the specifications of our 4396510 compatible filters.
The DiscountFilters.com Difference
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $50 (Same Day)
- Free Returns For 1 Year
- 100% Compatibility Guarantee
- Made With Care in Indiana USA
NSF/ANSI Standard 42
Filters tested against NSF/ANSI Standard 42 (aesthetic effects) are certified to reduce specific aesthetic or non-health-related contaminants (chlorine, taste and odor, and particulates) that may be present in public or private drinking water. See filter performance data sheet or manufacturer's packaging for details.
NSF/ANSI Standard 53
Filters tested against NSF/ANSI Standard 53 (health effects) are certified to reduce specific health-related contaminants, such as Cryptosporidium, Giardia, lead, volatile organic chemicals (VOCs), MTBE (methyl tertiary-butyl ether), etc., that may be present in public or private drinking water. See filter performance data sheet or manufacturer's packaging for details.
Filters Without NSF/ANSI Ratings
Some filters that are not NSF/ANSI rated are still constructed from NSF/ANSI rated components.