AIRx Brand Dust Filters
The Dust Filter is efficient for everyday home filtration. Using this filter with a MERV 8 rating will reduce the dust and dust lint, dust mites, pollen, and larger particles from your home.
- Traps lint, dust, pollen and dust mite debris
- Reduces household allergies
- Replace every 3 months
- MERV 8 (what’s this?)
- Great at capturing larger particles
- Made in Greenwood, Indiana
Choose by filter dimensions
Choose by filter brand
HOW TO CHOOSE THE CORRECT FILTER
Why is MERV Important?
MERV stands for Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value and is an industry standard to rate a filters efficacy. We recognize this is not very easy to understand for consumers, so we developed our simple to use application naming system. Simply pick the filter that suits your needs.
Allergies, pets, odors and smoking all can greatly affect the quality of your indoor air. Discount Filters offers many different types of air filters to help you breathe easier and choose the correct filter based on your specific needs.
Finding the right filter thickness is important.
Ensuring that your filter fits properly in your HVAC system means making sure that you have not only the right length and width, but also the thickness of your filter.
Most standard air filters are 1 - 2 inches in thickness. Whereas media filters are typically 3 to 5 inches in thickness. The best way to measure your air filter size is to get out the measuring tape and measure it directly. Also your current filter probably has the dimensions printed on the frame.
OUR OTHER AIR FILTER TYPES
|Dust Mite Debris|
WHAT DO MERV RATINGS MEAN?
Allergies, pets, odors and smoking all can greatly affect the quality of your indoor air. Discount Filters offers many different types of discount air filters to help you breathe better air inside your home based on your specific needs.
We carry discount air filters in 1-2 inch standard sizes, and 3-5 inch media sizes. Our air filters are great and work well in HVAC systems, furnace and air conditioner systems. If you are looking for a custom size air filter you can request that we make a special size for you. As always, we offer Fast Shipping & Free Returns on all of our discount furnace filters.
- MERV 8: The most basic air filter a homeowner will need is a MERV 8. A MERV 8 filter offers excellent air filtration for their home. A MERV 8 air filter would be good for a family that doesn't smoke, doesn't have pets, and doesn't have bad allergies.
- MERV 11: People with pets and/or light allergies, would greatly benefit from a more advanced filtration level called a MERV 11. A MERV 11 filter reduces pet dander, dust, pollen and other particles that are present in your home.
- MERV 13: A MERV 13 air filter however will capture even smaller dust particles, dirt, pollen, mold spores, pet dander and more from your home's air. A MERV 13 air filter is great for people with regular allergies and who own multiple pets. The MERV 13 filter is typically more expensive and will also put more strain on your HVAC system, however the high quality filtration you will get will be well worth it.