"Both the OEM Whirlpool and the aftermarket ClearChoice compatible replacement filters are excellent at reducing and removing contaminants like dirt, chlorine, chemicals and minerals found in your water supply. The OEM Whirlpool replacement has been tested and certified to meet both NSF/ANSI Standard 42 and Standard 53. This means that the filter has been put through scrutinous tests to certify that it truly reduces chlorine and removes other unwanted impurities in your water. The ClearChoice replacement has very similar characteristics to the OEM, like filtering capacity, but it comes in at a much lower price. The primary difference between the OEM and aftermarket filter is the price and NSF/ANSI Standard certifications, though some non-NSF/ANSI rated filters are still constructed from NSF/ANSI rated parts. However, we still recommend the aftermarket ClearChoice replacement filter due to it's affordable price and comparable filtration to the OEM."
Replacement Refrigerator Filters for UKF8001AXXP
How To Install The UKF8001 Filter:
- Remove old filter cartridge by grasping and gently turning counterclockwise until it releases from the filter head
- Insert new filter into filter head and rotate clockwise until the filter stops. Close the filter cover
- Run water continuously through dispenser for 4 gallons (approximately 5 minutes) until water runs steady and sputtering stops. NOTE: during initial use allow about a 1-2 minute delay in water dispersal to allow internal water tank to fill
- Reset water filter change notification by following instructions in owners manual
The filters below are 100% compatible with part number UKF8001
Marvel at the specifications of our UKF8001 compatible filters.
The DiscountFilters.com Difference
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $50 (Same Day)
- Free Returns For 1 Year
- 100% Compatibility Guarantee
- Made With Care in Indiana USA
NSF/ANSI Standard 42
Filters tested against NSF/ANSI Standard 42 (aesthetic effects) are certified to reduce specific aesthetic or non-health-related contaminants (chlorine, taste and odor, and particulates) that may be present in public or private drinking water. See filter performance data sheet or manufacturer's packaging for details.
NSF/ANSI Standard 53
Filters tested against NSF/ANSI Standard 53 (health effects) are certified to reduce specific health-related contaminants, such as Cryptosporidium, Giardia, lead, volatile organic chemicals (VOCs), MTBE (methyl tertiary-butyl ether), etc., that may be present in public or private drinking water. See filter performance data sheet or manufacturer's packaging for details.
Filters Without NSF/ANSI Ratings
Some filters that are not NSF/ANSI rated are still constructed from NSF/ANSI rated components.