Discount Filters carries two brands of the UKF8001 Filter. The ClearChoice CLCH101 and the Factory Original Whirlpool EDR4RXD1.
Replacement Refrigerator Filters for UKF8001
The UKF8001 is one of the most popular replacement filters. It fits in a variety of popular refrigerator models. The UKF8001 uses activated carbon to remove contaminants from your tap water. It can remove bacteria, chlorine, lead and other particles. DiscountFilters.com offers the UKF8001 in an OEM or aftermarket option. Both filters do a similar filtration job. The OEM UKF8001 is the Maytag UKF8001. This option is made with factory original materials and is NSF/ANSI certified. The UKF8001 aftermarket is the ClearChoice CLCH101. The generic is the more affordable option. These replacement filters, UKF8001 should be replaced at least once every six months. Check below to make sure it is comparable with your part number. The UKF8001 replaces a variety of models.
How To Install The UKF8001 Filter:
- Remove old filter cartridge by grasping and gently turning counterclockwise until it releases from the filter head
- Insert new filter into filter head and rotate clockwise until the filter stops. Close the filter cover
- Run water continuously through dispenser for 4 gallons (approximately 5 minutes) until water runs steady and sputtering stops. NOTE: during initial use allow about a 1-2 minute delay in water dispersal to allow internal water tank to fill
- Reset water filter change notification by following instructions in owners manual
The filters below are 100% compatible with part number UKF8001
Marvel at the specifications of our UKF8001 compatible filters.
The DiscountFilters.com Difference
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $50 (Same Day)
- Free Returns For 1 Year
- 100% Compatibility Guarantee
- Made With Care in Indiana USA
NSF/ANSI Standard 42
Filters tested against NSF/ANSI Standard 42 (aesthetic effects) are certified to reduce specific aesthetic or non-health-related contaminants (chlorine, taste and odor, and particulates) that may be present in public or private drinking water. See filter performance data sheet or manufacturer's packaging for details.
NSF/ANSI Standard 53
Filters tested against NSF/ANSI Standard 53 (health effects) are certified to reduce specific health-related contaminants, such as Cryptosporidium, Giardia, lead, volatile organic chemicals (VOCs), MTBE (methyl tertiary-butyl ether), etc., that may be present in public or private drinking water. See filter performance data sheet or manufacturer's packaging for details.
Filters Without NSF/ANSI Ratings
Some filters that are not NSF/ANSI rated are still constructed from NSF/ANSI rated components.