PS503627 Refrigerator Water Filters
Learn More About The PS503627 Filter
How To Install The WF1CB Filter:
- Unscrew filter cup by turning gently counterclockwise. Emtpy water in cup
- Pull the old filter straight down and discard
- Place the new filter in the filter cup - with side with O-rings facing up
- Push filter/filter cup assemby into filter head
- Twist assembly clockwise to tighten into housing
- Run water from the dispenser for 3 minutes (about 1-1/2 gallons) to clear the system and prevent sputtering
- Press and hold reset water filter button if your fridge has one
- Replace filter every 6 months
Marvel at the specifications of our WF1CB compatible filters.
|Change Frequency||6 Months||6 Months|
|Filtering Capacity||200 Gallons||400 Gallons|
|Contaminants Filtered||Chlorine, Taste, Odor, Sediment, Sand, Rust & Other Particulates||Chlorine, Taste, Odor, Sediment, Sand, Rust & Other Particulates|
|Flow Rate||.5 GPM||0.5 GPM|
|Pressure Range||0-125 PSI||20-100 PSI|
|Operating Temperature||33-100 °F||33-100 °F|
The OEM Frigidaire PureSource water filter and aftermarket Supco WF284 replacement are very similar when it comes to filtering your water. Both filters are able to filter your water of impurities that you shouldn't drink, such as chemicals and dirt. The aftermarket Supco WF284 is a cheaper alternative to the factory original, while still producing similar results. The Supco WF284 has the same operating temperature, pressure range, and slightly less filtering capacity as the OEM. The main difference between the two filters is that the Frigidaire WF1CB holds the Frigidaire brand name and has an NSF rating of 42. This means that the filter was tested against NSF standards of reducing chlorine odor and taste in the water. Both models are guaranteed to fit in any refrigerator model that uses the WF1CB filter and come in a convenient 3-pack that will give you 18 months of filtered water.
NSF/ANSI Standard 42
NSF/ANSI Standard 53
Filters Without NSF Ratings
Some filters that are not NSF rated are still constructed from NSF rated components.
Save Your Furnace Tip #7:
When you place your order you can sign up for a free Filter Change Reminder email. We will send you an email when it’s time to change your filter!