Replacement Refrigerator Filters for DW2042FR-09
The DW2042FR-09 filter is a newcomer to the US market and fits in some Kenmore french door refrigerators. It is also known as Kenmore 46-9130 and part number 60199-0006802-02. It is also sold under the "Aqua Crystal" Brand. The EFF-6012A creates better tasting water for drinking and making beverages as well as clean, clearer, healthy ice.
How To Install The DW2042FR-09 Filter:
The water filter cartridge is located in the upper right corner of the refrigerator compartment. The filter cartridge should be replaced when the replacement indicator light turns red or if the flow of water to the dispenser or icemaker decreases. For refrigerators without an indicator light - replace the filters every 6 months.
- Shut off water supply
- Rotate the old cartridge counter clockwise 1/4 turn and remove
- Remove protective cap from the new water filter
- Insert the new filter into the filter head and twist the filter clockwise 1/4 turn
- Turn on the water supply and check for leaks
- Run water from the dispenser for 5 minutes (about 1-1/2 gallons) to clear the system and prevent sputtering
- Reset the "Filter Indicator" light by pressing the Ice Maker Lock button for 3 seconds or more
The filters below are 100% compatible with part number DW2042FR-09
Marvel at the specifications of our DW2042FR-09 compatible filters.
The DiscountFilters.com Difference
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $50 (Same Day)
- Free Returns For 1 Year
- 100% Compatibility Guarantee
- Made With Care in Indiana USA
NSF/ANSI Standard 42
Filters tested against NSF/ANSI Standard 42 (aesthetic effects) are certified to reduce specific aesthetic or non-health-related contaminants (chlorine, taste and odor, and particulates) that may be present in public or private drinking water. See filter performance data sheet or manufacturer's packaging for details.
NSF/ANSI Standard 53
Filters tested against NSF/ANSI Standard 53 (health effects) are certified to reduce specific health-related contaminants, such as Cryptosporidium, Giardia, lead, volatile organic chemicals (VOCs), MTBE (methyl tertiary-butyl ether), etc., that may be present in public or private drinking water. See filter performance data sheet or manufacturer's packaging for details.
Filters Without NSF/ANSI Ratings
Some filters that are not NSF/ANSI rated are still constructed from NSF/ANSI rated components.