In Frigidaire and other refrigerator brands, the PureSource Ultra Filter reduces chlorine and particulate levels in the water and ice. This cartridge filter meets NSF International Standard 42 for chlorine odor and taste reduction. It also meets NSF International Standard 53 for lead, turbidity, mercury, chemicals, sediment and cyst reduction. While reducing contaminants and particulates, the filter produces water at a flow rate of 0.5 gallons per minute. It successfully processes up to 200 gallons before it should be replaced. Every six months, change the filter to guarantee your family has access to pure and clear water and ice.
- meets NSF International Standards for reduction of chlorine, cysts, minerals, chemicals and dirt
- handles 30 - 100 PSI and 33 - 100 °F
- flow rate of 0.5 GPM
- filtration capacity of 200 gallons
- replace the filter every 6 months
- simple replacement process
- replaces part number 242017800 and A0094E28261
- OEM part
The Frigidaire ULTRAWF is compatible with the following obsolete or alternate filter part numbers:
How To Install The Frigidaire ULTRAWF Filter:
- Turn Off the ice maker by raising the wire signal arm.
- Remove the filter by pushing on the end/face of the filter.
- Slide the old water filter cartridge straight out of the housing and discard it.
- Using the alignment guide, slide it gently into the filter housing until it stops against the snap-in connector at the back of the housing.
- Push firmly until the cartridge snaps into place (you should hear a click as the cartridge engages the snap-in connector).
- Turn On the ice maker by lowering the wire signal arm.
- Press and hold the Water Filter button on the Ice & Water Dispenser control panel for three seconds. When the display changes from Red to Green, the status has been reset.
- After replacing the water filter and in order for the ice maker to work properly, it is necessary to clear air from water filter tubing. Once ice maker begins making ice, allow the bucket to fill completely, then discard the first TWO FULL buckets of ice. It will take at least two days to completely fill the bucket on regular ice aking mode or 1 1/2 days on fast ice mode.