The filter number P100316 is a 20 x 22 1/4 x 1 fiberglass panel filter that fits multiple brands of HVAC units. It will reduce particulates such as dust and skin flakes that often circulate throughout a home's indoor air system. Continually breathing in unfiltered air can cause sinus irritation and allergy flare-ups. A flat panel filter rated MERV 4 will help keep the indoor air quality free of most dust, while providing filtration for the HVAC uni's coils and other parts.
Wht's MERV 4? MERV ratings relate to the filter's ability to remove particles from circulating air. The higher the MERV number the smaller the particles the filter will remove. A higher MERV rating means the more particles the filter can remove as well. Flat panel fiberglass filters may not score as high MERV ratings as pleated, but they are an affordable, alternative choice.
- Nominal size: 20 x 22 1/4 x 1
- Actual size: 19 7/8 x 22 1/8 x 7/8"
- Construction: fiberglass with coating to catch more particulates
- Budget-friendly, available in package of 12—a one year’s supply
- Check every two weeks. Change at least once a month.