The aftermarket Swift Green SGF-G9 is used in refrigerators by GE, Amana, Hotpoint, Kenmore and others. It is designed to replace the MWF SmartWater filter from GE. This filter creates better tasting water for drinking and making beverages as well as clean, clearer, healthy ice.
- High quality, cost-effective alternative to factory original
- Easy installation and operation
- Helps reduce chlorine taste and odor
- Helps reduce contaminants found in tap water and improves its quality
- Manufactured by leading supplier of OEM replacement filters and parts
- Carbon filter built with environmentally friendly & conscious process
- Keeps fluoride in water
- Made in Canada
WHY CHOOSE SWIFT GREEN FILTERS?
Compared to conventional carbon-based filters, Swift Green filter products are environmentally friendly. Conventional carbon filters are produced by a burning process called open pit charring, which releases pollution and greenhouse gas emissions into the air. Swift Green filter components are produced with a new technology that carbonizes dried coconut shells in an enclosed self-sustaining system, while capturing and converting the emissions into useful thermal energy.
The Swift Green SGF-G9 is compatible with the following obsolete or alternate filter part numbers:
How To Install The Swift Green SGF-G9 Filter:
The water filter cartridge is located in the back upper right corner of the refrigerator compartment. The filter cartridge should be replaced when the replacement indicator light turns red or if the flow of water to the dispenser or icemaker decreases. For refrigerators without an indicator light - replace the filters every 6 months.
- Remove old filter cartridge by grasping and turning to the left about 1/2 turn
- Fill the replacement filter with water from the tap to allow for better flow immediately after installation
- Place the top of the new cartridge up inside the cartridge holder
- Slowly turn the filter until the filter cartridge stops. Do not over tighten. As you turn the cartridge it will automatically raise itself into position. The cartridge will move about 1/2 turn
- Run water from the dispenser for 3 minutes (about 1-1/2 gallons) to clear the system and prevent sputtering
- Press and hold reset water filter button if your fridge has one