The UKF-7002 model filter comes in a multitude of brands to choose from. The original OEM filter is manufactured by Whirlpool. It is the only brand filter to meet NSF/ANSI International Standards 42 and 53. Meeting these NSF/ANSI International standards indicate the filter can remove chlorine, sediment, sand, and rust. The aftermarket brand cannot match, as it wasn't awarded such certifications. That is not to say the ClearChoice CLCH115 is not a good water filter. It just means it hasn't been tested but some of the materials used in the aftermarket model are the same materials used in NSF/ANSI certified filters. We recommend using the ClearChoice CLCH115 because of its low price and high quality materials.
Replacement Refrigerator Filters for UKF-7002
- Remove old filter cartridge by grasping and gently turning counter-clockwise until it releases from the filter head - discard
- Line up the cartridge ears so it can be inserted into the filter head. Rotate the cartridge into the head. Twist the cartridge 1/4 turn clockwise until it locks into place
- Run water continuously through dispenser for 3 gallons until water runs steady and sputtering stops
- Reset water filter change notification by following instructions in owners manual
The filters below are 100% compatible with part number UKF7003
Marvel at the specifications of our UKF7003 compatible filters.
The DiscountFilters.com Difference
- Free Shipping (Same Day)
- Free Returns For 1 Year
- 100% Compatibility Guarantee
- Made With Care in Indiana USA
NSF/ANSI Standard 42
Filters tested against NSF/ANSI Standard 42 (aesthetic effects) are certified to reduce specific aesthetic or non-health-related contaminants (chlorine, taste and odor, and particulates) that may be present in public or private drinking water. See filter performance data sheet or manufacturer's packaging for details.
NSF/ANSI Standard 53
Filters tested against NSF/ANSI Standard 53 (health effects) are certified to reduce specific health-related contaminants, such as Cryptosporidium, Giardia, lead, volatile organic chemicals (VOCs), MTBE (methyl tertiary-butyl ether), etc., that may be present in public or private drinking water. See filter performance data sheet or manufacturer's packaging for details.
Filters Without NSF/ANSI Ratings
Some filters that are not NSF/ANSI rated are still constructed from NSF/ANSI rated components.