The ukf-5001 model filter comes in two brands to choose from. The original OEM filter is manufactured by Whirlpool. It is the only brand filter to meet NSF/ANSI International Standards 42 and 53. The other aftermarket brand is the ClearChoice CLCH115. The ClearChoice brand ukf-5001 however is the most budget friendly. The brands for the ukf-5001 model have equally fast flow rates that dispense water at half a gallon per minute. Both versions of the ukf-5001 filter need to be replaced every 6 months for optimal performance and great tasting water and ice. The Whirlpool EDR7D1 filters out chlorine taste and odor, sediment, sand, rust and other particulates while the ClearChoice CLCH115 reduces manly chlorine taste and odor. As always Discount Filters offers free shipping and returns on all refrigerator water filters and air filters. Buy a 3 pack and save.
UKF-5001 Refrigerator Water Filters
How To Install The UKF7003 Filter:
- Remove old filter cartridge by grasping and gently turning counterclockwise until it releases from the filter head - discard
- Line up the cartridge ears so it can be inserted into the filter head. Rotate the cartridge into the head. Twist the cartridge 1/4 turn clockwise until it locks into place
- Run water continuously through dispenser for 3 gallons until water runs steady and sputtering stops
- Reset water filter change notification by following instructions in owners manual
The filters below are in stock, and 100% compatible with part number UKF7003
Marvel at the specifications of our UKF7003 compatible filters.
The DiscountFilters.com Difference
- Free Shipping (Same Day)
- Free Returns For 1 Year
- 100% Compatibility Guarantee
- Made With Care in Indiana USA
NSF/ANSI Standard 42
Filters tested against NSF/ANSI Standard 42 (aesthetic effects) are certified to reduce specific aesthetic or non-health-related contaminants (chlorine, taste and odor, and particulates) that may be present in public or private drinking water. See filter performance data sheet or manufacturer's packaging for details.
NSF/ANSI Standard 53
Filters tested against NSF/ANSI Standard 53 (health effects) are certified to reduce specific health-related contaminants, such as Cryptosporidium, Giardia, lead, volatile organic chemicals (VOCs), MTBE (methyl tertiary-butyl ether), etc., that may be present in public or private drinking water. See filter performance data sheet or manufacturer's packaging for details.
Filters Without NSF/ANSI Ratings
Some filters that are not NSF/ANSI rated are still constructed from NSF/ANSI rated components.