MWFA Refrigerator Water Filters
Learn More About The MWFA Filter
How To Install The MWF Filter:
The water filter cartridge is located in the back upper right corner of the refrigerator compartment. The filter cartridge should be replaced when the replacement indicator light turns red or if the flow of water to the dispenser or icemaker decreases. For refrigerators without an indicator light - replace the filters every 6 months.
- Remove old filter cartridge by grasping and turning to the left about 1/2 turn
- Fill the replacement filter with water from the tap to allow for better flow immediately after installation
- Place the top of the new cartridge up inside the cartridge holder
- Slowly turn the filter until the filter cartridge stops. Do not over tighten. As you turn the cartridge it will automatically raise itself into position. The cartridge will move about 1/2 turn
- Run water from the dispenser for 3 minutes (about 1-1/2 gallons) to clear the system and prevent sputtering
- Press and hold reset water filter button if your fridge has one
NSF/ANSI Standard 42
Filters tested against NSF/ANSI Standard 42 (aesthetic effects) are certified to reduce specific aesthetic or non-health-related contaminants (chlorine, taste and odor, and particulates) that may be present in public or private drinking water. See filter performance data sheet or manufacturer's packaging for details.
NSF/ANSI Standard 53
Filters tested against NSF/ANSI Standard 53 (health effects) are certified to reduce specific health-related contaminants, such as Cryptosporidium, Giardia, lead, volatile organic chemicals (VOCs), MTBE (methyl tertiary-butyl ether), etc., that may be present in public or private drinking water. See filter performance data sheet or manufacturer's packaging for details.
Filters Without NSF Ratings
Some filters that are not NSF rated are still constructed from NSF rated components.