The 5231JA2002A filter helps to clean your water of impurities and make it healthier for you and your family. The OEM LG replacement filter has been tested and certified to meet NSF/ANSI Standard 42, meaning it has been certified to reduce chlorine levels in your water. The aftermarket Swift Green replacement is made from an eco-friendly process and is a cheaper, more affordable alternative to the OEM. The Supco replacement filter is our lowest priced option. Don’t let the price fool you, though. The Supco is a great alternative to the OEM as it purifies your water for a fraction of the price of the OEM. Each of the different models all have the same flow rate and share very similar features. The primary difference between the filter brands is price and NSF/ANSI rating, though many filters that are not NSF/ANSI certified are still constructed from NSF/ANSI rated parts.
Replacement Refrigerator Filters for GEN11042FR-08
How To Install The 5231JA2002A Filter:
- Remove old filter cartridge by grasping and turning to the left about 1/4 turn
- Apply the month sticker (included) to the cartridge as a reminder to replace the filter with 6 months and remove red cap
- Align unlabeled side of filter with the indictor line so that it can be inserted into the filter head
- Turn the cartridge 1/4 turn to the right to lock it into place - you will feel a stop and the locked symbol should now be lined up with the indicator line
- Run water through the dispenser for 3 minutes to purge the system
The filters below are 100% compatible with part number 5231JA2002A
Marvel at the specifications of our 5231JA2002A compatible filters.
The DiscountFilters.com Difference
- Free Shipping (Same Day)
- Free Returns For 1 Year
- 100% Compatibility Guarantee
- Made With Care in Indiana USA
NSF/ANSI Standard 42
Filters tested against NSF/ANSI Standard 42 (aesthetic effects) are certified to reduce specific aesthetic or non-health-related contaminants (chlorine, taste and odor, and particulates) that may be present in public or private drinking water. See filter performance data sheet or manufacturer's packaging for details.
NSF/ANSI Standard 53
Filters tested against NSF/ANSI Standard 53 (health effects) are certified to reduce specific health-related contaminants, such as Cryptosporidium, Giardia, lead, volatile organic chemicals (VOCs), MTBE (methyl tertiary-butyl ether), etc., that may be present in public or private drinking water. See filter performance data sheet or manufacturer's packaging for details.
Filters Without NSF/ANSI Ratings
Some filters that are not NSF/ANSI rated are still constructed from NSF/ANSI rated components.