FXRC Refrigerator Water Filters
Learn More About The FXRC Filter
How To Install The MXRC Filter:
- Remove old filter cartridge by grasping and turning to the left (counterclockwise)
- Filter the replacement cartridge with water from the tap to allow for better flow from the dispenser immediately after installation
- Lining up the arrow on the cartridge and the cartridge holder, place the top of th new cartridge up inside the holder. Do not push it up into the holder
- Slowly turn the new cartridge clockwise until the filter cartridge stops. Do not overtighten
- Run water from dispenser for 10 minutes (about 5 gallons) to clear the system and prevent sputtering
- Change the filter cartridge every 6 months
NSF/ANSI Standard 42
Filters tested against NSF/ANSI Standard 42 (aesthetic effects) are certified to reduce specific aesthetic or non-health-related contaminants (chlorine, taste and odor, and particulates) that may be present in public or private drinking water. See filter performance data sheet or manufacturer's packaging for details.
NSF/ANSI Standard 53
Filters tested against NSF/ANSI Standard 53 (health effects) are certified to reduce specific health-related contaminants, such as Cryptosporidium, Giardia, lead, volatile organic chemicals (VOCs), MTBE (methyl tertiary-butyl ether), etc., that may be present in public or private drinking water. See filter performance data sheet or manufacturer's packaging for details.
Filters Without NSF Ratings
Some filters that are not NSF rated are still constructed from NSF rated components.