The Swift Green Sgf-ZS48 is a great replacement filter for the Sub-Zero 4204490 refrigerator water filter. The Swift Green is a premium aftermarket replacement for the 4204490 filter and is able to effectively remove the same impurities as the OEM. The recommended change frequency is every 6 months and should be followed unless the water quality starts to decrease sooner. The flow rate of this filter is an impressive .78 gallons per minute with the filtering capacity of 600 gallons. The SGF-ZS48 does not have an NSF/ANSI rating, but is produced by a leading supplier of factory original parts and replacement filters. The filter operates in a pressure range of 20-100 PSI and temperature of 33-100 degrees Fahrenheit. Overall, the Swift Green SGF-ZS48 replacement filter does an extraordinary job at filter your homes water supply to provide you with the best water and ice quality possible.
Replacement Refrigerator Filters for EWF-8003A
How To Install The 4204490 Filter:
- Lift the grille assembly to access the water filter. To lift the grille, pull out on the bottom edge of the grille and tilt the grille frame forward.
- Slowly rotate the old filter cartridge 1/4 turn counterclockwise to disengage. Gently twist until the cartridge is free from base. DO NOT PULL.
- Line up new cartridge so that the locking tabs can be inserte info the filter head.
- Rotate the filter cartridge into the base about 1/4 clockwise until it stops. DO NOT overtighten.
- After the new filter cartridge is installed, the first full bucket of ice produced should be discarded. This will help clean the water system and clear air from the line.
The filters below are 100% compatible with part number 4204490
Marvel at the specifications of our 4204490 compatible filter.
The DiscountFilters.com Difference
- Free Shipping (Same Day)
- Free Returns For 1 Year
- 100% Compatibility Guarantee
- Made With Care in Indiana USA
NSF/ANSI Standard 42
Filters tested against NSF/ANSI Standard 42 (aesthetic effects) are certified to reduce specific aesthetic or non-health-related contaminants (chlorine, taste and odor, and particulates) that may be present in public or private drinking water. See filter performance data sheet or manufacturer's packaging for details.
NSF/ANSI Standard 53
Filters tested against NSF/ANSI Standard 53 (health effects) are certified to reduce specific health-related contaminants, such as Cryptosporidium, Giardia, lead, volatile organic chemicals (VOCs), MTBE (methyl tertiary-butyl ether), etc., that may be present in public or private drinking water. See filter performance data sheet or manufacturer's packaging for details.
Filters Without NSF/ANSI Ratings
Some filters that are not NSF/ANSI rated are still constructed from NSF/ANSI rated components.