The original OEM Whirlpool 7002 or edr7d1 filter is manufactured by Whirlpool. It is the only brand filter to meet NSF/ANSI International Standards 42 and 53. Such high marks by NSF/ANSI International indicate a superior water quality product the other aftermarket brand cannot match, as none were awarded such certifications. The other aftermarket brand include the Clearchoice CLCH115 filter. The ClearChoice CLCH115 brand 7002 however is the most budget friendly if you are focused on watching your budget. All of the brands for the 7002 model have equally fast flow rates that dispense water at half a gallon per minute. All of our 7002 filters have similar gallon holding capacities, however the Whirlpool filter slightly edges out its competition with a class-leading 416 gallons.
7002 Refrigerator Water Filters
How To Install The UKF7003 Filter:
- Remove old filter cartridge by grasping and gently turning counterclockwise until it releases from the filter head - discard
- Line up the cartridge ears so it can be inserted into the filter head. Rotate the cartridge into the head. Twist the cartridge 1/4 turn clockwise until it locks into place
- Run water continuously through dispenser for 3 gallons until water runs steady and sputtering stops
- Reset water filter change notification by following instructions in owners manual
The filters below are in stock, and 100% compatible with part number UKF7003
Marvel at the specifications of our UKF7003 compatible filters.
The DiscountFilters.com Difference
- Free Shipping (Same Day)
- Free Returns For 1 Year
- 100% Compatibility Guarantee
- Made With Care in Indiana USA
NSF/ANSI Standard 42
Filters tested against NSF/ANSI Standard 42 (aesthetic effects) are certified to reduce specific aesthetic or non-health-related contaminants (chlorine, taste and odor, and particulates) that may be present in public or private drinking water. See filter performance data sheet or manufacturer's packaging for details.
NSF/ANSI Standard 53
Filters tested against NSF/ANSI Standard 53 (health effects) are certified to reduce specific health-related contaminants, such as Cryptosporidium, Giardia, lead, volatile organic chemicals (VOCs), MTBE (methyl tertiary-butyl ether), etc., that may be present in public or private drinking water. See filter performance data sheet or manufacturer's packaging for details.
Filters Without NSF/ANSI Ratings
Some filters that are not NSF/ANSI rated are still constructed from NSF/ANSI rated components.