All of the 4392857R filters reduce contaminants - like dirt, rust, and lead -that are in your water supply. The Whirlpool replacement filter is the OEM product and has been certified by the NSF. The Whirlpool filters meets both NSF/ANSI standard 42 and 53, which means it is certified to reduce chlorine and remove lead, mercury, and other impurities from your water. The EcoAqua replacement filter has many of the same features as the OEM, but at a much lower price. The aftermarket ClearChoice replacement is the most cost-effective filter and has comparable filtration results to the OEM. The primary difference between the OEM and aftermarket filters is the price and NSF/ANSI ratings, though many non-NSF/ANSI rated filters are constructed from NSF/ANSI rated parts.Even though the aftermarket filters are not NSF/ANSI certified, we recommend them due to their affordable price and excellent filtration.
4392857R Refrigerator Water Filters
How To Install The 4396508 Filter:
- Turn off icemaker
- Remove old filter by rotating cap about 1/4 turn counter-clockwise
- Pull the old filter cartridge out
- Remove the cartridge grille cap by sliding it off the end of the old cartridge
- Slide the cartridge grille cap onto the new cartridge
- With the new cartridge cap in the vertical position, insert the new filter cartridge into the base grille
- Rotate the cap clockwise to a horizontal position
- Flush three gallons of water through the filter cartridge before use
- Turn on the icemaker
The filters below are 100% compatible with part number 4396508
Marvel at the specifications of our 4396508 compatible filters.
The DiscountFilters.com Difference
- Free Shipping (Same Day)
- Free Returns For 1 Year
- 100% Compatibility Guarantee
- Made With Care in Indiana USA
NSF/ANSI Standard 42
Filters tested against NSF/ANSI Standard 42 (aesthetic effects) are certified to reduce specific aesthetic or non-health-related contaminants (chlorine, taste and odor, and particulates) that may be present in public or private drinking water. See filter performance data sheet or manufacturer's packaging for details.
NSF/ANSI Standard 53
Filters tested against NSF/ANSI Standard 53 (health effects) are certified to reduce specific health-related contaminants, such as Cryptosporidium, Giardia, lead, volatile organic chemicals (VOCs), MTBE (methyl tertiary-butyl ether), etc., that may be present in public or private drinking water. See filter performance data sheet or manufacturer's packaging for details.
Filters Without NSF/ANSI Ratings
Some filters that are not NSF/ANSI rated are still constructed from NSF/ANSI rated components.