242069601 Refrigerator Water Filters
Learn More About The 242069601 Filter
How To Install The WF3CB Filter:
- Turn Off the ice maker by raising the wire signal arm.
- Remove the filter by pushing on the end/face of the filter.
- Slide the old water filter cartridge straight out of the housing and discard it.
- Using the alignment guide, slide it gently into the filter housing until it stops against the snap-in connector at the back of the housing.
- Push firmly until the cartridge snaps into place (you should hear a click as the cartridge engages the snap-in connector).
- Press a drinking glass against the water dispenser while checking for any leaks at the filter housing. Any spurts and sputters that occur as the system purges air out of the dispenser system are normal.
- After filling one glass of water, continue flushing the system for about four (4) minutes.
- Turn On the ice maker by lowering the wire signal arm.
- Press and hold the Water Filter button on the Ice & Water Dispenser control panel for three seconds. When the display changes from Red to Green, the status has been reset.
Marvel at the specifications of our WF3CB compatible filter.
|Change Frequency||6 Months|
|Filtering Capacity||200 Gallons|
|Contaminents Filtered||Chlorine, Taste, Odor, Sediment, Sand, Rust & Other Particulates|
|NSF Rating||42, 53|
|Flow Rate||0.5 GPM|
|Pressure Range||30-100 PSI|
|Operating Temperature||33-100 °F|
Such high grades by NSF International make this WF3CB Puresource3 original OEM filter by Frigidaire an attractive product to homeowners who have their family's health in mind. After passing through multiple assessments by NSF, the WF3CB Puresource3 water filter received certifications for meeting both Standard 42 and Standard 53. The NSF test results concluded that the Frigidaire filter ensures water protection from potentially harmful impurities found in your water supply, such as chlorine, funky odors, turbidity, lead, and cysts. A water filter such as this should be changed at least once every six months to ensure optimum water filtration performance for you and your family. Hope your thirsty, because the original OEM product by Frigidaire can filter up to 200 gallons during its lifetime. In addition, this water filter dispenses at a rate of a half gallon per minute.
NSF/ANSI Standard 42
Filters tested against NSF/ANSI Standard 42 (aesthetic effects) are certified to reduce specific aesthetic or non-health-related contaminants (chlorine, taste and odor, and particulates) that may be present in public or private drinking water. See filter performance data sheet or manufacturer's packaging for details.
NSF/ANSI Standard 53
Filters tested against NSF/ANSI Standard 53 (health effects) are certified to reduce specific health-related contaminants, such as Cryptosporidium, Giardia, lead, volatile organic chemicals (VOCs), MTBE (methyl tertiary-butyl ether), etc., that may be present in public or private drinking water. See filter performance data sheet or manufacturer's packaging for details.
Filters Without NSF Ratings
Some filters that are not NSF rated are still constructed from NSF rated components.