March 22, 2016 is World Water Day, this is a day for everyone to take an extra moment and be thankful for the water that we have from filtered to naturally clean water that we drink and use on a daily basis. It is also a time to think about the millions of people who unfortunately do not have access to clean water in their lives. World Water Day was created to bring awareness to the millions of people around the world who do not have easy access to this life necessity. This year’s theme for World Water Day 2016 is water & jobs. In your day-to-day job environment try to think of one way that water is not involved in your career. We know we can’t because our mission is to help supply you and your family with clean air and water in your home. But there are ways that we can get involved and make a difference in someone else’s life to help provide them with the same opportunities we have by assuring access to clean water. We have compiled seven ways in which you can help provide this to people in need.
- Make a Donation-
- By making a donation you can help specific organizations provide safe water to people everywhere and that one donation or even a monthly donation can make a lasting impact on the lives of hundreds. It has been shown that roughly $1 toward clean water initiatives returns about $4 into the economy, making it a smart invest in the future. Even if you can’t make the donation today, consider starting a fundraiser to raise awareness and funds from your community for this organization.
- Compete for a Cause-
- If you’re an athlete or like to participate in different athletic events (marathons, half marathons, 5ks, community sports leagues. Encourage your team or your supports to join Team.Water.org so that every mile you take or base you run is in support of clean water for everyone. On average a person in developing countries walk six kilometers every day to collect water. By signing up and joining Team Water you can show your support and make every step count.
- Join the Cause Marketing Program-
- Do you own a business or are willing to talk to a manager or supervisor about this cause that you’re passionate in? If so, consider running a special where a percentage of the sales are donated to this cause and encourage your customers to start their own fundraiser to make a difference. Many organizations are dedicated to stopping water poverty and are donating a portion of the proceeds to provide people with clean water.
- Be Aware & Raise Awareness –
- Follow water.org on the different media site that you use so that you can stay up-to-date and learn the newest advances in providing water to people in need. By following this cause on social media you are also spreading awareness to your friends and online community that could lead to changing lives.
- Honor Someone –
- Your donations don’t only have to be an anonymous process. You can choose to donate to different organizations in honor of someone else. By doing this you are giving someone the gift of health, spreading awareness, and making a lasting gift in the name of someone you respect.
We at DiscountFilters understand the importance of having clean water free from dangerous impurities in your day-to-day life and the tremendous impact that it can have on your family, your life, your health, and your possibilities to be the person you are striving to be. There are many ways to get involved in solving this international crisis, let us know your favorite way to show support or an organization that you feel passionately about.