Spring is officially here and that means the annual ritual of deep spring cleaning. Why spring clean? You spring clean so that you can start the warm months off with a clean house free from dust, dirt and other clutter that can have a large impact on your health, mentally and psychically. Many people think about going through closets, vacuuming, sweeping/mopping, and household chores but what about the things that need to be cleaned or updated for spring that you don’t normally think about?
At DiscountFilters having clean and properly functioning water and air filters are always at the top of our spring cleaning list. We know that having updated water and air filters can provide many benefits for you and your home. The benefits of air and water filters are far reaching and sometimes taken for granted, but can help you live a healthy life. These benefits are why we should all deep clean our home make sure that we have fresh filters for the most effective filtration possible.
Water Filter Benefits-
- Removes harmful contaminants from your water, thus keeping it out of your body.
- Clean healthy water that is cheaper and more efficient than bottled water.
- Reduce the risk of developing rectal cancer, colon cancer, and bladder cancer by removing all chlorine particles and chlorine traces from the tap water.
- Keeps healthy minerals in your water while catching the unwanted and dangerous chemicals from entering your water.
- Protects you from over 2100 known toxins. This includes removing cryptosporidium and giardia that have been known to put people at a 33% higher risk of gastrointestinal disease when not removed by a water filter.
Air Filter Benefits-
Depending on which air filter you use in your home they have been proven to remove different particles that can affect your comfort in your home, allergies, and your health. Things that can be removed from your air with air filters include-
- Keeping dust out of the air in your home keeping your floors and surfaces cleaner
- Dust Mites
- Pet Dander
- See a reduction in your allergy agitation after installing a new filter that stops allergens from entering your home through your HVAC system
- Car Fumes
- Mold spores
- Prevents smaller harmful particles by capturing them in the filter leaving you to breath fresh air and reduce exposure to dangerous elements.
- Tobacco smoke
- Virus Carriers
- Microscopic Allergens
For more spring cleaning ideas for your own home check out The Ultimate Spring Cleaning Checklist to make sure you and your home is ready for the warm weather. For all of your water and air filter needs head over to DiscountFilters for a complete selection so you can enjoy the many benefits of each for your family and home.