Healthy meals prepared in a slow cooker are time saving and delicious. Cooking foods at low temperatures for several hours can boost the nutritional benefits.
Cooking with filtered water makes your food taste better by getting rid of unhealthy chemicals.
Slow Cooker Chicken Fajita Soup (use filtered water and taste the difference).
- 1 Lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 (10.75 oz.) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 ½ cups filtered water
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. dried cilantro
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- toppings: diced tomatoes, green onions, cilantro, lettuce
- Spray your slow cooker with cooking spray. Add chicken.
- In a bowl mix cream of chicken soup, salsa, corn, black beans, filtered water, cumin, and cilantro. Pour over chicken.
- Cook on low 4-6 hours. Remove the chicken and shred. Place back into slow cooker and add cheese. Allow cheese to melt and serve with toppings. Serves 4.
Hearty Busy-Day Stew
- 1 1/2 Lb.’s Beef stew meat
- 1 1/2 Lb.’s potatoes, peeled and 1 in. cubes
- 1 can (14 ½ oz.) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (14 ½ oz.) beef broth
- 2 ½ cups baby carrots
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 Tbs. Taco Seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 Tbs.cornstarch
- 2 Tbs. cold water
- Combine the first 10 ingredients in your slow cooker. Cook on low for 7-9 hours.
- In a bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into stew. Cook on high 30-45 minutes until thickened. 6 servings.
Ranch Chicken Tacos
- 1 ½ to 2 Lbs. boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cups low sodium, fat free chicken broth
- 1 package Taco seasoning
- 1 package ranch seasoning mix
- Flour or corn tortillas
- Suggested toppings: shredded cheese, salsa, sour cream, lettuce, avocado
- Place chicken into slow cooker. Whisk together the chicken broth, ranch & taco seasoning. Pour over the chicken.
- Cook chicken on low for 3 ½ hours or low or 1 ½ on high. Shred and place chicken back into cooker for 10 minutes.
- Spoon chicken onto tortillas and top with suggested toppings. Feeds a family of 6.
BBQ Pork (serves 10)
- 2 ½ Lbs. center cut pork loin, trimmed of fat
- 1 Bottle Natural barbeque sauce
- Place pork in cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Shred and add sauce.
Italian Chicken Sandwiches
- 2 ½ Lbs. Chicken Tenders
- 1 cup Lite Italian Marinade
- Place chicken in slow cooker with marinade.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Shred or leave whole.
Dust off that slow cooker and plug in to theses healthy meals