With Christmas being 25 days away, its time for many to start getting ready to decorate. Decorating the inside and outside of your house helps many get in the holiday spirit, but this can be a long and slow process. Especially if you have to go out and purchase decorations. Instead of purchasing holiday decorations, try making your own crafts and decorations! You can making your own with materials in your yard (sticks, pinecones and more) or with items laying around in your cabinets. Check out these holiday decorations and how to make them:
- Wanting to decorate your front door? Check out these easy homemade wreaths. Wreaths aren’t just for Christmas, now you can have a wreath for every month of the year!
- Wanting to decorate your house with candles? Make your own cranberry candle display. This decoration can be place on your table or in the kitchen. Not only is it easy to make, but it will leave your house smelling like Christmas (Midwest Living).
- Do you have pinecones laying around your yard? Pick them up and make them into a decorations. Pinecones are one of the biggest holiday decorations and you can find them anywhere. Place them in a decorative bowl, or on your fireplace mantel to make your house holiday ready (BHG).
Use those pots you have from your summer garden and use them for decorations. You can place
branches, evergreen, pinecones and more in these vases. Not only will you not have to pay for decorations, but it is easy to make and it looks great! (Setting for Four)
- Need more lights for your yard? Try making a lantern from material in your yard. All you need is a lantern, candles, pinecones and some greenery. This will make for a perfect light or centerpiece for your holiday dinner (Home Talk).
- Instead of letting coffee filters sit in your cabinet, use them for decorations. Coffee filters can make the perfect snowflake. Not only are these items you have in your house, but you can have your children help out too!
Decorating for the holidays can be difficult, especially if you are busy purchasing those last minute holiday gifts. With these easy do-it-your-self holiday decorations, you can have your house ready in no time. Not only will your house look festive and great, but you will be able to save money. Have fun and get the whole family involved!