Whether you are a professional chef or an aspiring cook in your own kitchen, you need to have clear and crisp water to use in dishes and drinks. The MB100 water filter which is also known as the WF2CB filter, rises to the duty of removing 99% of small unwanted particles from your water to provide you with the best tasting base in reconstituting frozen juices, and making bases for stews and soups that have no odd flavor to them. The MB100 fridge filter works seamlessly in many makes and models of refrigerators to provide you with an unlimited supply of clear, great tasting water and ice.
The Filtration Process
The MB100 water filter is a cutting-edge invention to remove all particulates and matter from your drinking water and ice that may have an odd color, odor or smell. The filter includes a very porous activated charcoal in the center chamber. The extra pores grasp impurities so that they cling to the charcoal, as the water runs through the filter.
The filtration process starts at the rear of your refrigerator where the household water supply taps into your appliance. The water then enters the filter, is cleansed of all impurities and travels to your ice maker and water dispenser for refreshing, clean and healthy water and ice cubes. This sophisticated process, backed with scientific evidence removes harmful impurities such as asbestos, chlorine, lead, bacteria, cysts and mold. The result is the best tasting water that is available upon demand.
Installing a new MB100 fridge filter is a task that can be completed in only a matter of minutes. First, locate where your filter is and proceed as below:
In Refrigerator Filter
1. Open your refrigerator door. Locate your water filter in the upper right corner of the refrigerator on the back panel.
2. Grasp the filter. Press it inward gently to release it from the housing. The old filter will pop outward toward you.
3. Pull the filter straight out of the filter housing.
4. Align the new filter in the housing slot and press it inward to lock it in place.
In Bottom Kick Panel Filter
1. Locate your water filter in the bottom kick panel of your refrigerator. It should be on the left side inside the grille.
2. Release the filter by pulling the locking tab forward.
3. Grasp the filter and turn it one-quarter turn counterclockwise to release it. Pull the filter straight out.
3. Insert a new filter in the filter housing. Turn the filter one-quarter turn clockwise until it locks in place.
After replacing your discount fridge filter, flush the system by running at least two gallons of water through the system.
When to Replace Your MB100 / WF2CB Refrigerator Filter
The MB100 water filters are rated for about six months of use before you need to change it. After this amount of time of water being purified through the filter, the carbon begins to degrade and doesn’t perform as well as when it was installed. Some families use much more water from their refrigerator than others. If you notice an odor, taste or color that is not normal when you use your filtered water and ice cubes, it is best to change your water filter even if it has been a little less than six months in use. Having clean, refreshing water to use in all your culinary endeavors will give your dishes and drinks the best taste available to your family and friends.
Here are some additional compatible part numbers that also replace the MB100 and WF2CB: