Today, purchasing water is not only expensive but also wasteful. Often the water you have purchased, not only comes packaged in plastic bottles that pollute the environment if not recycled properly, it is also often just filtered water and not always spring water. Many retailers filter the same water that you could filter in your own home, out of your own fridge.
The PureSource2 Refrigerator 69625-CT-001 (also known as the WF2CB) water filters give you refreshing, clear looking and clean tasting water right out of your fridge. Cut out the costs of water bottles and lugging the heavy product from the grocery store.
The Filtration Process
The porous carbon activated filter removes impurities from your water by adsorption, or attracting and catching unwanted contamination at the surface.
Impurities in the forms of gas, microscopic solids and liquids are removed when the water flows through the carbon filter and into your cup.
The following dangerous particles are removed from your drinking water with the 69625-CT-001 water filter:
- Chlorine Odor and Taste
- Turbidity (cloudy, foggy water)
- Atrazine (common insecticide)
- Lindane (insecticide)
The carbon filter collects all of these microbes and chemicals and allows the fresh clean water to flow into your glass.
Why Filter Your Water?
Many impurities exist in your water supply. Filtering your water will remove most of these impurities leaving clear, crisp tasting water for you and your family.
Filtered water is helpful to the environment. When you filter your water, you are not throwing away plastic bottles.
Installing Your 69625-CT-001 Water Filter in Your Refrigerator:
- Your water filter needs to be changed twice a year.
- Check the slide-out filter cartridge located in the front of the refrigerator.
- The filter has a push button to the right.
- When you remove the filter, the water automatically shuts off.
How to Replace the Filter
- Push the button to release the filter.
- Pull the existing filter out straight. Do not turn the filter.
- Add the new filter by putting it in straight and pushing until it clicks into place. The click is loud enough to hear.
- Use slight force when pushing the filter into place. It can take some strength behind it.
- When the filter clicks back into place, the water automatically turns on and begins flowing through the filter.
If your fridge has a convenient change filter light reminder, reset it after you change the filter.
How to Reset the Change Water Filter Indicator
- Locate the reset button on the water dispenser.
- Press the button and hold it until a green light starts flashing. This can take 15 seconds.
Before you get ready to taste your fresh and newly filtered water, run 2 gallons of water through the filter. Miniscule amounts of carbon particles loosen in the packaging as the filter is bounced around. The first few water runs through the filter will wash out those particles! Use it to water plants instead of pouring it down the drain! Stock up on filters so you never miss a filter change date.
Compatible water filters for the Frigidaire WF2CB are listed below.