Having a refrigerator with a water filter is a major convenience. Nothing is better than having unlimited access to clean, refreshing water without having to rely on bottled versions. Refrigerator filters can get rid of contaminants from tap water in order to safeguard your family’s health. The HAFIN2 refrigerator water filter is compatible with many Samsung refrigerator models and effectively removes up to 99 percent of potentially harmful substances from your water.
The DA29-00003G alternative filter is found on a number of Samsung French door and side-by-side refrigerator models. The filter uses carbon block to eliminate any unhealthy chemicals from the water. Carbon block filters use activated carbon that has been shaped into block form under high-pressure conditions during manufacturing. Block carbon filters are considered more effective because they have higher surface areas than granular carbon filters.
Carbon refrigerator filters have a simple process in order to remove contaminants. The unfiltered water travels through a chamber where the porous carbon block manages to capture any contaminants that may be found in the water supply. The harmful particles remain in the carbon while the filtered water is pushed out of the line. The HAFIN2 filter is certified to remove the following: lead, mercury, cysts, and parasites. The filter will also remove the chlorine odor and taste in order to improve the overall quality of your drinking water.
Installation of HAFIN2 Filters
After purchasing the HAFIN2 refrigerator filter, you can install your new filter with a few simple steps.
- Shut off the water supply to your refrigerator. Depending on your Samsung refrigerator model, you may have to manually stop the water supply before continuing with the install.
- Turn the old filter a 1/4 turn counter-clockwise to release it from the lock mechanism.
- Pull out the water filter from the casing. Due to the impurities captured, the filter can sometimes stick. Tug the filter hard to remove if this occurs.
- Insert the replacement filter into the casing. Turn ¼ clockwise until you feel the filter lock securely slide into place. If water leaked during the removal of the old casing, dry up any of the water with a paper towel.
- Turn the water supply back on. Run two gallons of water through the line before use.
Water Filter Replacement Reminders
Once you replace the HAFIN2 fridge filter, you will need to reset the indicator light on your Samsung refrigerator. The indicator light on the refrigerator’s display will turn red when your filter requires replacement. Press the “Alarm” or “Hold” button on your refrigerator for three seconds to turn the indicator light from red to green or blue.
It’s important to follow a replacement schedule after installing your HAFIN2 filter. As time goes on, the carbon block will degrade and become less effective at removing chemicals from your drinking water. The HAFIN2 will last you for six months or up to 420 gallons of use. It’s important to replace water filters regularly in order to protect your health and to prevent any maintenance problems with your refrigerator.