Clean, refreshing water that is chilled in your refrigerator over crystal clear ice cubes can help you and your family to drink more water and stay healthy in the process. Your household water supply can have many unhealthy impurities in it. The HAF-CINEXP refrigerator water filter can filter these harmful and distasteful items out of your water, seamlessly at a much lower cost than buying filtered water at the store. This DA29-00020B alternative filter fits into a large array of makes and models of refrigerators to help you enjoy water and ice on demand that is healthy.
The Filtration Process
How do water filters work? It is a simple process that is scientifically proven to provide the best tasting water possible. The outer casing of a discount fridge filter has a plastic case. The inside of the filter contains activated carbon, which makes the molecules larger to capture unwanted items as they pass through the carbon.
Your household water supply enters the refrigerator in the rear of it and passes through the filter where mold, cysts, asbestos, lead, chlorine and bacteria are trapped in the activated carbon. Clean water flows out of the filter and through two water distribution lines that lead to the icemaker and to your water dispenser on your refrigerator. The water in the lines are chilled for cool crisp water and ice cubes through your water and ice dispensers. The process works very quickly to filter all your water and remove odd colors, odors and tastes to leave you with a clean product.
How to Install Your Filter
It takes only a few minutes to replace your HAF-CINEXP discount filter. Many makes and models of refrigerators have the water filter inside the refrigerator or in the front, bottom kick-panel of the appliance. The process differs slightly between the two replacement procedures.
In the Refrigerator
- Open the refrigerator door and find the filter in the rear, upper right wall of your refrigerator.
- Push the water filter inward firmly to release the lock on the housing.
- Grasp the filter, turn it counterclockwise, and pull it straight out.
- Align the fins on the new filter with the slots in the housing and press the filter in firmly.
In the Kick-Panel
- Remove the bottom kick panel on the refrigerator if necessary to see the filter.
- Grasp the handle on the filter and turn it one-quarter turn counterclockwise.
- Pull the old filter straight out
- Insert a new filter, turn it one-quarter turn clockwise and replace the kick-panel if you removed it earlier.
Remember to flush the water system by dispensing about 2 gallons of water through the water dispenser.
When to Replace the Filter
Water filters have an approximate life of 6 months. After this time, the activated carbon inside of the filter begins to degrade and it doesn’t function as well as when it was new. If you have a water filter monitor on your refrigerator, change the filter when the light turns red and indicates that it is no longer cleaning your water supply adequately. If you do not have this feature on your appliance, simply mark your calendar for filter replacement 6 months from the date you put a new one in.