Clean drinking water is a concern we all have, and these days, you cannot rely entirely on municipal treatment. Using a refrigerator water filter from Discount Filters is one of the most convenient ways to provide your family with clean, clear, safe water. Bottled water is expensive, not to mention inconvenient to drag back from the store and unfriendly to the environment. The GSWFDS filter is an alternate for the GE GSWF filter and is also compatible with the ClearChoice CLCH112 and EcoAqua EFF-6023A filters. It is a General Electric original equipment manufacturer filter from the SmartWater line. These filters fit a variety of name-brand fridges — not just GE, but Amana, Hotpoint and Kenmore. The filter is carbon-based, which is the best kind of filter, capable of removing all kinds of contaminants from your family’s drinking water.
What do filters do?
These filters reduce levels of atrazine, chlorine, dirt, lead and lindane in your water as well as filtering out bacteria that can cause health problems and distress. As a carbon filter, this one can also remove pharmaceuticals that may have contaminated your water. Filters also make your water look clear by reducing cloudiness. All of the GE OEM filters are tested and certified by NSF International, a trustworthy independent tester, not simply by the manufacturer. This makes these refrigerator water filters reliable. You will never have to worry about drinking dirty water again. The in-fridge system also provides clear ice for beverages.
How long do filters last?
The GSWFDS filter has a lifespan of six months and a capacity of 750 gallons. You should, therefore, change your filter at least every six months, more often if you use a lot of water. If the flow from your water dispenser decreases, check the filter. The filter works at temperatures from 33 to 100 degrees Fahrenheit. We sell our filters in packs of three.
How do I install the GSWFDS filter?
Installation is simple, and you can easily do it yourself.
1. The water filter cartridge is in the back upper right corner of the refrigerator compartment. Open the cover by pushing in where indicated.
2. Remove the old filter by slowly turning it to the left, without pulling down. A small amount of water leakage is normal.
3. If your fridge does not have a filter replacement indicator light, apply the month and year sticker to the new cartridge. Be sure to mark your calendar.
4. The end of the cartridge has protective foil; remove it.
5. Gently put the cartridge in the cartridge holder, and slowly rotate it to the right until it stops. Do not force it or over tighten; it should only rotate about a quarter of a turn. The grip blade on the end should be vertical in top-freezer models and horizontal in bottom-freezer models.
6. Close the cartridge cover. If your fridge has a replacement indicator light, press and hold the reset water filter pad on the dispenser for three seconds.
Compatible water filters with the GE GSWF
Be sure to check out Discount Filters to find your next refrigerator water filter replacement so that you can enjoy all of the benefits that come with drinking clean and refreshing water straight from your home fridge.