Did you know that we need an average of over two liters of water each day to stay healthy? Fortunately a lot of that water will come from inside the food we eat, but you want the water your family drinks to be fresh and clean and taste good. That’s why it is so important to be knowledgeable about the water filter that works with your refrigerator. Being sure that your family has clean-tasting, refreshing water is also a great first step to cutting back on sugary sodas and sports drinks with the DA2900003G filter. This fridge filter serves as a replacement water filter for the DA29-00003G for side-by-side or French door refrigerator models manufactured by Kenmore, Samsung, and others. The DA2900003G filter is tested and certified by NSF International, a non-profit, non-governmental organization that is devoted to public safety and health, as well as protection of the environment.
Understand How a Fridge Water Filter Works
The DA2900003G discount filter uses activated carbon to remove undesirable particles in water, ensuring that your family’s water is clean and fresh. Many Impurities exist in tap water like rust, lead, cysts, mercury, and chlorine. The DA2900003G filter not only traps these contaminants, but also eliminates any strange odors and tastes from the water. The beneficial fluoride that also exists in water, however, is retained. The DA2900003G filter even stops the buildup of lime scale in the ice maker. The result from the water filter is healthy, great tasting ice and water for your family.
Installing the Water Filter in Your Refrigerator
- No tools are needed for installation of this water filter.
- Grasp the old filter and turn 1/4 clockwise and pull straight down.
- Discard the old filter. Note that the water will automatically turns off.
- Gently push the new water filter up into the fridge until it stops.
- Hold the new filter and turn 1/4 clockwise slowly until you feel it lock into place.
- If your refrigerator has a filter light, reset it.
- Flush the water filter with three-four gallons of water until the water is running clear. You may hear some noise while the air is being purged. Do not be concerned, as this is common.
Change Your Water Filter on a Regular Basis
Refrigerator water filters need to be changed at least once every six months. The carbon in your water filter will degrade over time, trapping less and less of those contaminants. An old filter not only increases health risks, but can also increase energy costs. Discount Filters offers 100% free shipping and returns on all our discount fridge filters, with no minimum order required. We also offer a 100% guarantee on all our refrigerator water filters for up to one year. Be sure to check out our fridge filter section!