The DA29-00019A refrigerator water filter works efficiently to supply your home with ice and water that is refreshing, clear and clean at all times. Clean water and ice cubes are healthy for your family. You can definitely taste the difference with clear ice cubes in your homemade smoothies with juice, milk and fruit as a healthy drink. The DA29-00019A fridge filter removes all substances from your water supply to your refrigerator resulting in a great taste, while still leaving valuable minerals in your water supply. The DA29-00019A or the DA20-00020B filter fits in several makes and models of refrigerators for your drinking pleasure.
The Filter Process
The DA29-00019A water filter uses a scientific filtration process including activated carbon inside to clean your water supply. Activating carbon results in a very porous material that captures harmful substances in your water and doesn’t allow them in your water supply. The water enters the rear of your refrigerator travels through the filter and splits into two water supply lines. One line leads to your icemaker and the other leads to your water dispenser in the door. This filtration process removes all particulates such as lead, asbestos, mold, bacteria and chlorine that all make your water cloudy and taste odd. The filter’s carbon traps all of the undesirable particles in it so that the water exiting the filter is crystal clear and refreshingly clean.
The DA29-00019A discount water filter is easy to install in your refrigerator. It may be in either the refrigerator section or the kick panel on the bottom of your refrigerator freezer.
In The Refrigerator
- Open the refrigerator door and locate the filter in the top, right rear panel of your refrigerator.
- Press the filter inward to release it, and pull it straight out.
- Insert a new filter while aligning the lines on the filter with the slots in the filter housing. Press the filter inward to lock it in place.
In The Kick Panel
- Locate your water filter in the front, left kick panel at the bottom of your refrigerator.
- You should be able to see the knob in the kick panel. Grasp it and turn it one-quarter turn counterclockwise to release it.
- Pull the filter straight outward, insert a new filter and turn it one-quarter turn clockwise to lock it in position.
After replacing your water filter, run about 2 gallons of water through the water dispenser to flush the lines and produce clear water and ice cubes.
When To Change Water Filters
Water filters with activated carbon last about 6 months. The time period is based on how many gallons are filtered through the unit. After approximately 6 months, the filter begins to deteriorate and your water is not fully filtered. You may notice that your water or ice isn’t as clear as when the filter was new, or it may have an odor. The best practice if your refrigerator doesn’t have an indicator of the filter life is to write down on a calendar when you replace a filter, flip the calendar ahead 6 months and make a notation to replace your refrigerator water filter for continuously refreshing water.