In some areas, water filtration is absolutely required before drinking in order to maintain your health. Other areas the water may not contain toxins but has a metallic or hard taste that isn’t very enjoyable. A refrigerator water filter such as the DA29-00003F is perfect for removing unpleasant tastes from any safe water source as it comes through your refrigerator’s dispenser which will result in the healthy habit of you and your family drinking plenty of water throughout the day. Not only will this filter provide you with clean drinking water, it is also an affordable replacement filter for the DA29-00003G filter.
The Water Filtration Process
With an activated charcoal water filter the system is not as complicated as you may think. As the water soaks through the charcoal impurities that cause a bad taste remain in the charcoal allowing clean water to run through and into your drinking cup. Of course with refrigerator water filters the water is cooled by the cold air already available and results in an even cleaner, fresher tasting glass of water.
There are a few specifications to look for when comparing different water filters and the DA29-00003F filter clearly states these facts and is validated with a certified NSF rating meeting Standard 42 and Standard 53. The DA29-00003F fridge filter removes particulate contaminants such as sediment, sand and rust along with chlorine and other chemicals used to sanitize the water which you may not want to ingest. The flow rate is 0.5 GPM (gallons per minute) with a pressure rang of 20-125 PSI, and the filter can accommodate temperatures from 33 degrees up to 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The first step in replacing your refrigerator water filter is to locate it; it is typically located in the top right corner of most refrigerator brands.
- The old filter is removed by giving it a gentle turn about ¼ of a rotation to the left and it will come right out.
- Do the reverse with the new filter: Align the label the same way as it was when the old one came out as you put it into place and give it a ¼ turn to the right.
- At this point the filter is ready, but you need to take a couple of more steps to insure it functions correctly.
- Run water through it for about five minutes to purge the system before drinking it.
- Add the label that comes with the filter after writing the replacement date on it so you won’t be able to forget how long it has been since you put the new filter in.
- Reset the indicator light according to the instruction manual for your fridge.
When You Should Replace Your Water Filter
Typically, you change the filter when the water flow slows down, but that happens so gradually you may not notice. The DA29-00003F filter is designed to filter 300 gallons, but you probably won’t keep track of that either. Changing it every three to six months is recommended based on how much water the average household uses over time.