Replacing your Frigidaire WF2CB with the 9911 water filter will make a substantial difference in the quality of the water derived from your refrigerator. Instead of relying on bottled water, you can have your own source of fresh, clean water at a mere fraction of the cost. Expect to notice a significant improvement in the taste and quality of your water once you install a new 9911 replacement refrigerator filter.
Activated Carbon Filtration Process
The 9911 filter uses activated carbon as its source of removing impurities. Activated carbon is produced from a raw, organic source and once ready for use can remove thousands of different types of chemicals from water supplies. The way that the activated carbon works is simple: the negative ions found within the impurities are attracted to the surface of the carbon. Once the chemicals are absorbed by the carbon, the clean water passes through the filter and is ready for use. The types of chemicals removed from the water include cysts, lead, chlorine, and benzene. Removing these chemicals from your water supply can protect human health as well as improve the quality and taste of your drinking water.
The 9911 water filter is compatible with a selection of Kenmore and Frigidaire brand refrigerators. Once you confirm compatibility, installation of your brand new refrigerator water filter will take less than five minutes.
- Find the location of your refrigerator filter. Many of the Kenmore and Frigidaire brand refrigerators have the water filter on the front inside panel of the door.
- Press the release button to remove the old filter. The release button is typically located on the bottom of the filter compartment.
- Discard the old filter.
- Remove all packaging materials from the new 9911 water filter. There may be protective caps on the nozzles of the filter that needs to be discarded as well.
- Slide in the new replacement filter. Push the filter into the compartment until you hear it click securely in place.
- Run two gallons of water through the filter before use. This helps remove any air bubbles that could get stuck in the lines.
Water Filter Replacement
Don’t skip out on changing your water filter on a regular basis. If you don’t follow the manufacturer’s recommendations on how often to replace the fridge filter, you’ll undermine the quality of your water and ice. As a general guideline, you should replace your water filter every six months. However, if your family uses a large amount of water you may need to change the filter sooner. If your fridge model has an indicator light, you’ll be prompted to change the filter cartridge once it’s required.
In rare cases, you may have to change your fridge filter even more often. For instance, if there’s a lot of sediment present in your water supply or your area issues a boil water alert due to the potential of contamination.
Save on your replacement 9911 filters by ordering today directly from Discount Filters.
Compatible filters with the 9911 filter