The process of filtering the water, then putting it in bottles, then warehousing it for who knows how long, then transporting it in semi-truck, then letting it sit on the shelves is really not the way to get the best clean water to drink. Unfortunately, there is also significant scientific proof that harmful chemicals from the plastic bottles leach into the water. Though with the Filter 3 (Whirlpool EDR3RXD1) filter you can expect to have clean water right in your own home.
Notice that the beginning of the processing of bottle water starts with filtration, unless the bottle is from a natural spring or source. Even the purest spring water that goes into bottles, then rides in trucks, and sits on the grocery store shelves until purchased is tainted by the time the consumer drinks it.
This is why having a really great water filter for your refrigerator is a terrific idea. Municipal water, for the most part is pretty clean. What it needs its final “polish” by a strong water filter to remove most of the bad stuff that the municipal water system does not remove. This filter removes up to 66 contaminants found in municipal water to make the water better to drink.
The Whirlpool EDR3RXD1 Refrigerator Water Filter (Filter3), 3-Pack is a great deal. Buying the filters in convenient packs of three, saves money. Refrigerator filters need to be changed frequently (the recommendation is every six months) to make sure the water is cleaned properly. These Whirlpool refrigerator water filters are some of the best.
Change Your Whirlpool Refrigerator Filter on a Regular Basis
Here is how to change the Whirlpool EDR3RXD1 Refrigerator Water Filter:
- Remove the new filter from its packaging.
- Remove the two protective caps from the top of the filter connection tubes.
- Make sure the o-rings on the filter connection tubes are still in the correct position.
- Locate the filter housing by looking at the left side of the base grill at the bottom front of the refrigerator.
- Press down on the eject button and hold it down to remove the old filter.
- Remove the black filter cap by turning it counter-clockwise.
- Put the black cap on the new filter.
- Turn the black cap clockwise until it stops at the correct place.
- Insert the new filter completely into the refrigerator until the button clicks to lock it in place.
- Flush two to four gallons of water through the system before using the water.
Have the confidence, when you drink the water coming from the Whirlpool refrigerator dispenser or use the ice cubes made from the water, that the water was filtered right on the spot for terrific water quality. Using a refrigerator water filter from DiscountFilters, makes the water cleaner and taste good.
Compatible Filters with the Whirlpool EDR3RXD1