You’re here because you want to know more about the Honeywell TrueSTEAM humidifier. And so, that’s what you’re getting. But first…
The Average Humidifier
Humidifiers release steam or water vapor into the air of your home and increases moisture levels (or humidity). Humidifiers are important in dry locations where humidity levels fall lower than the recommended 30% to 50%. Low humidity can cause dry skin, nosebleeds, and itchy eyes and throat.
However, not all humidifiers are created equal. Here are some different types of humidifiers:
- Central humidifiers are built into home heating and air conditioning systems and are designed to humidify the whole house.
- Portable humidifiers: These are designed to be used in a single room and include the following types:
- “Cool Mist” or Impeller humidifiers
- Steam vaporizers
- Ultrasonic humidifiers
- Warm Mist.
The TrueSTEAM Humidifier
What the TrueSTEAM humidifier does that others don’t is combine the world of efficiency and with that of ease. While most humidifiers offer decreased water consumption, efficiency, and performance, the TrueSTEAM extends its capability with easy installation, dependability, and value.
What’s “True” About TrueSTEAM?
TrueSTEAM is the cleanest form of humidification. Why? It doesn’t uses moisture-filled pads that are vulnerable to bacteria growth in the water and airflow of your humidifier.
The TrueSTEAM humidifier is also a low maintenance product. Clean it once a year and you’re good to go because it will clean itself the rest of the time.
Honeywell states the following advantages of the TrueSTEAM:
- 1:1 humidification delivery rate (for every one gallon of water used, one gallon of steam is produced. That’s a fair trade, right?)
- 5 year warranty
- Application flexibility (can be remotely mounted up to 20 feet from system)
- Available in 6, 9 and 12 gallon models
- Automatically controls humidity levels with Wireless Outdoor Sensor
- Easy mounting (requires only one-3/4” cut in duct-work)
- Operates independent of HVAC equipment
- Uses up to 90% less water
- Wireless Adapter available for humidity control without the presence of wires
With that said, happy humidity.
Already have a Honeywell TrueSTEAM? Access the reference guide here.
Have any questions? Ask!
5 thoughts on “Honeywell TrueSTEAM Humidifier”
Regards for helping out, excellent information.
The red light is blinking three times, and it is not addicting humidity to the house!!
I would contact Honeywell with your problem. We are only a seller of Honeywell products and not technicians. I apologize we cannot help further.
How and where do I get my unit repaired?
I have a Honeywell True steam HM509 unit that is 11 years old
Do you sell a replacement model that is plug and play