Plus, 5 other really cool ways drinking water can help you feel your best.
Our bodies are made up of over 60% water which is why it is important to stay hydrated. For the healthiest you, you should be drinking water that is clean of containments that can cause harmful effects to your body, this is made easy by using a water filter. To show just how large the impacts of drinking clean water and staying hydrated have on your day to day activities we have outlined some of the main health benefits below.
- Increase energy- Looking for a non-caffeinated way keep up your energy in the morning and afternoon? Drink a refreshing glass of water. Tiredness can be a sign of dehydration, telling your body you should drink more. By satisfying that thirst you can get an extra boost of energy to keep you moving throughout the day.
2. Aids weight loss- Often times our bodies confuse dehydration with being hungry, which can cause us to gain weight. Drinking water helps us eat less by making us feel full which keeps us from consuming unnecessary calories in our day. Studies show that drinking a glass right when you wake up is a great way to jump-start your metabolism in the morning.
3. Flushes our bodies of waste and harmful toxins- The digestive system, like the rest of our body, needs to be properly hydrated to function properly. Keeping your body hydrated helps keep your internal processes running at a more consistent rate to keep our body and functions on schedule to get rid of and flush out all of the negative waste and toxins.
4. Good for healthy skin- When you drink water your skin expands, stays hydrated, and elastic making it easier for your skin to fight the effects of aging and breakouts caused by particles getting into your skin. Without drinking adequate amounts of clean water the skin appears duller, leads to drier skin, and wrinkles and pores show up more easily.
5. Prevents dehydration- Dehydration can have many symptoms that have a huge impact on your life. Many of these symptoms people attribute to other factors where in fact they can be treated by just drinking water and keeping your body properly hydrated on a daily basis. Some of the main symptoms of dehydration include headaches, fatigue, bad mood, confusion, dry skin, dizziness, or muscle cramps.
6. Protects your joints and cartilage- Joints stay lubricated when our bodies are hydrated and aid to keep our bodies supple. Keeping your joints and cartilages lubricated helps you to keep moving and feeling your best to handle all of the day’s tasks.
Drinking clean water has such a large impact on how you feel and what you’re able to do. Making sure that you are updating your refrigerator’s water filter regularly will help you reap all the benefits of drinking fresh clean water for your body and overall health. In the long run, it is also cheaper and more environmentally efficient to use filters and take advantage of water from your home for your health.