Water filters are a great investment to ensure you are drinking the cleanest and safest water possible. Refrigerator water filters are convenient, easy to use, and only need a replacement filter about twice a year. Below, we have outlined the top eight reasons why you should switch from bottled water or no water filter to using fridge filtered water.
- Drinking clean water is absolutely essential to a child’s development. Several toxins and chemicals found in tap water, including lead, has been said can impair a child’s physical and mental development.
- The only way to improve the water your family is drinking is to use a filtration system. A fridge filter is a great way to easily filter your everyday water for drinking and cooking.
- There are several health benefits associated with drinking clean water such as regulating body temperature, anti-aging properties, mental alertness, and reduction of headaches. However, these health benefits can only be useful to you if you are drinking filtered water.
- In a single glass of tap water, you can find up to 2,100 different contaminants. Many of these contaminants are dangerous toxins and chemicals that can be harmful to your health.
- Bottled water is expensive and wasteful. To produce enough bottled water to meet the demand in the United States, over 17 million barrels of oil are used to make the plastic for the bottles. Not only is this a waste of fuel, it is also a waste of energy. Using a refrigerator filter can replace almost 300 plastic water bottles.
- Even though large municipal facilities are able to treat water to the best of their ability, they cannot always control an outbreak of bacterial contaminants that can live in unfiltered tap water.
- Pregnant women are more at risk to the dangers found in tap water. Lead, a toxin which can be found in unfiltered water, has been known to cause birth defects.
- In a study conducted by the EPA, they found that each year there are over 480,000 cases of learning disorders in children attributed to lead found in drinking water.
Is this list enough to change your mind? If you want to start drinking cleaner and healthier water, switch to using filtered water. The experts at discount filters will be able to provide the largest variety of affordable filters around. If you already have a fridge that uses a fridge filter, be sure to replace your mwf filter every 6 months or sooner depending on how many people use it. Check out our fridge filter guide to help you pick the right filter for your specific fridge.