The 67003528 refrigerator water filter provides your household with clear drinking water. Up to 60 percent of the human body is made of water. Refrigerator filters work all on their own without a thought of the important work they are doing for you to clean your household water. You simply install a discount fridge filter and let it go to work for you. There is no time wasted in hand filtering water through a pitcher each time you want fresh water or sparkling clear ice cubes.
The Filtration Process
Discount fridge filters contained a very hard and porous activated charcoal that is scientifically engineering for optimum performance in cleaning your water supply. The water line carries water to your refrigerator filter and enters the rear of it. It then passes through the activated charcoal, which attracts and captures any unwanted items in your water than can cause cloudiness or a gray color that tastes bad. The particulates that activated charcoal captures are lead, asbestos, bacteria, mold, cysts and chlorine. The clear, refreshing water then travels through the water lines to your icemaker in your freezer and to the water dispenser. The result is clean water for drinking or beverage making and clear ice cubes without any types of deposits in them.
The Installation Process
The 67003528 or UKF8001 water filter is easy to install and only takes a minute or so to do so. The filter can be found either in the upper right back corner of your refrigerator or in the left front panel at the bottom of your refrigerator.
In Kick Panel Steps
- Remove the water filter cover and pull the filter forward to release the lock.
- Grasp the water filter and turn it one-quarter turn clockwise. Pull the filter straight out.
- Replace the filter with a new one, turn it one-quarter turn clockwise and replace the cover if your refrigerator has one.
In Refrigerator Steps
- Open your refrigerator door. Push the water filter in the right rear of your refrigerator inward to unlock it.
- Turn the filter clockwise one-half turn to release it.
- Pull the filter straight out.
- Insert a new water filter into the slot, press in and turn it about one-half turn counterclockwise to lock it in place.
How Often Do I Replace the Water Filter?
Refrigerator water filters last approximately 6 months before the activated carbon starts to degrade. You may notice your water flow diminishes and ice cubes are not full in size when you need to replace your filter. Some refrigerators have a status light that is green when you install a new filter. It then changes to yellow to indicate that you need to purchase a new filter and when it is red; your filter is no longer operating efficiently to clean your water.