The 469101 refrigerator water filter uses activated carbon to remove contaminants from water. With this filter, you can enjoy fresh-tasting, healthy water that is free from impurities like chlorine and dirt. The 469101 filter is compatible with refrigerators produced by numerous manufacturers. Those needing a 469101 replacement filter can find their replacement through aftermarket or OEM options. When looking for a generic replacement, refrigerator owners can use the EFF-6027A. While the factory original is manufactured by Samsung and known as the DA29-00020B, generic options are typically cheaper and 100 percent compatible with this factory original. With DiscountFilters.com, refrigerator owners can get a new 469101 replacement filter without having to pay shipping, and they can return the product free of charge if there are any issues.
The 469101 fridge filter works thanks to an activated carbon trap that will filter chlorine, lead, and a variety of different unwanted minerals from a home’s water supply. An activated carbon trap is designed using carbon that is porous and allows water molecules through while capturing contaminants.
The filter is certified with NSF Standard 42 and Standard 53. This indicated that chlorine and other impurities will come out of water that goes through this filter. In addition to the option to purchase the OEM from Samsung, there is an aftermarket Supco replacement that functions the same as the OEM but can be bought at a less expensive price. There is also a Swift Green replacement that is produced using an eco-friendly process.
How to Install Your Filter
To install a 469101 filter, it is necessary to complete the following process:
- Turn off the water supply to your refrigerator using the main water supply valve.
- Take out the original cartridge. To do this, it is necessary to firmly grasp the old cartridge and turn it in a counterclockwise direction one quarter of a rotation.
- Once the original filter is removed, the new filter can be pushed into the filter receiver. Then, it is necessary to rotate it through one quarter of a rotation so that it locks into place.
- With the new filter in place, the water can be turned on again using the main water supply valve.
- When the filter is freshly changed, the refrigerator water system should be flushed out to ensure fresh water. When the system is flushed, some water may splutter as air is purged out of both the filter and the water line.
- After flushing the system, reset the water filter display so that you will be automatically notified after 6 months has passed and a new filter is needed.
Change Your Water Filter Routinely
It is recommended that the 469101 discount filter be changed once every 6 months. Maintaining the quality of your refrigerator’s water depends on keeping a clean filter in your fridge. After 6 months of use, the 469101 begins to lose its ability to trap contaminants with the carbon it contains. This will result in less effective filtering and lower quality water.