The factory original Whirlpool PUR Filter (4396510) is used in side-by-side refrigerators by Whirlpool, Kitchenaid, Amana, Thermador and others. The 4396510 filter creates better tasting water for drinking and making beverages as well as clean, clearer, healthy ice.
- Original OEM product
- Easy installation and operation
- Helps reduce chlorine taste and odor
- Helps reduce contaminants found in tap water and improves its quality
- Tested by NSF International against Standard 42 for the reduction of chlorine taste and odor and particulate
- Tested by NSF International against Standard 53 for the reduction of cysts, lead, mercury and other chemicals and impurities.
The Whirlpool 4396510 is compatible with the following obsolete or alternate filter part numbers:
How To Install The Whirlpool 4396510 Filter:
The water filter cartridge is located in the grille at the bottom of the the refrigerator. The filter cartridge should be replaced when the replacement indicator light turns red or if the flow of water to the dispenser or icemaker decreases. For refrigerators without an indicator light, replace the filters every 6 months.
- Turn off icemaker
- Remove old filter by rotating cap about 1/4 turn clockwise
- Pull the old filter cartridge out
- Remove the cartridge grille cap by sliding it off the end of the old cartridge
- Slide the catridge grille cap onto the new cartridge
- With the new cartridge cap in the vertical position, insert the new filter catridge into the base grille
- Rotate the cap clockwise to a horizontal position
- Flush three gallons of water through the filter cartridge before use
- Turn on the icemaker