The aftermarket SwiftGreen SGF-LA50 Filter is used in refrigerators by LG, Kenmore and others. The SGF-LA50 is designed to replace the factory original 5231JA2006A and 5231JA2006B (LT600P). The SwiftGreen SGF-LA50 filter creates better tasting water for drinking and making beverages as well as clean, clearer, healthy ice. NOTE: the SGF-LA50 filters have a slightly smaller diameter than the original LG filters, which does not affect fit or performance.
- High quality, cost-effective alternative to factory original
- Easy installation and operation
- Helps reduce chlorine taste and odor
- Helps reduce contaminants found in tap water and improves its quality
- Manufactured by leading supplier of OEM replacement filters and parts
- Carbon filter built with environmentally friendly & conscious process
- Keeps fluoride in water
- Made in Canada
WHY CHOOSE SWIFT GREEN FILTERS?
Compared to conventional carbon-based filters, Swift Green filter products are environmentally friendly. Conventional carbon filters are produced by a burning process called open pit charring, which releases pollution and greenhouse gas emissions into the air. Swift Green filter components are produced with a new technology that carbonizes dried coconut shells in an enclosed self-sustaining system, while capturing and converting the emissions into useful thermal energy.
The Swift Green SGF-LA50 is compatible with the following obsolete or alternate filter part numbers:
How To Install The Swift Green SGF-LA50 Filter:
- Remove old filter cartridge by grasping and turning counter clockwise about 1/4 turn - discard
- Push new filter into the filter head until it stops
- Turn the new filter 1/4 turn clockwise until it stops
- Flush new cartridge by dispensing water for about 5 minutes
- Replace cartridge once every 6 months
- Press and hold reset water filter button if your fridge has one